Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Could this be the start of the END of Delta Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Um, perhaps you could elude us "public educated" folks how making a 1/2 billion dollar profit could be "the start of the end?"

Good question. Usually that starts with a loss, not a half a billion dollar profit. I think GL was eluding to how insane it was that SWA didn't post an overall profit for the normally best quarter of the year. It probably surprised quite a few people.

Godspeed!

OYS

Because ala United and Delta circa 2000, you guys will demand a 80% to 100% pay raise to catch up to SWA pay rates. At the same time, you will run out and cast your votes for Obama your hero just as the EU implodes taking the US economy with it. As usual, your timing and sense of economic proportion will take your company down as you have proven so adept at in the past. GO ALPA!!!

Ok, based on payrates at APC, Delta pilots are roughly paid 20% less on average for 737 (comparative equipment). So demanding an 80-100% payraise is not even fathomable. Besides you obviously don't know ALPA too well.:laugh:
As for the rest of your post, Obama has nothing to do with this, much as I could care less about him. Regardless of the EU imploding, people are still going to have to travel, just not as much. I see Delta having a good fleet with good capability of downsizing using the proper equipment to gauge flying when it is up or down, regardless.
And if memory serves, didn't the Delta pilots get the most lucrative paying pilot contract in 2000 while their company was making $billions in profits? Your statements reek of jealousy. Stop letting emotion get in the way of a good debate.
So what's your deal anyway, A Delta pilot sodomize your old lady?
What magnificent carrier do you work for smart guy?

Ok, based on payrates at APC, Delta pilots are roughly paid 20% less on average for 737 (comparative equipment). So demanding an 80-100% payraise is not even fathomable. Besides you obviously don't know ALPA too well.:laugh:
As for the rest of your post, Obama has nothing to do with this, much as I could care less about him. Regardless of the EU imploding, people are still going to have to travel, just not as much. I see Delta having a good fleet with good capability of downsizing using the proper equipment to gauge flying when it is up or down, regardless.
And if memory serves, didn't the Delta pilots get the most lucrative paying pilot contract in 2000 while their company was making $billions in profits? Your statements reek of jealousy. Stop letting emotion get in the way of a good debate.
So what's your deal anyway, A Delta pilot sodomize your old lady?
What magnificent carrier do you work for smart guy?

Payrates at APC at least as far as SWA goes are pure fantasy. I made more than a Delta bud who is left seat on the 777....a lot more.

I know ALPA probably better than you having been a member at two previous majors, one of which I was a BOS fo rep...

If you don't think Obama and the coming EU meltdown is going to affect you and your airline than I am not surprised you don't know or are lying about knowing what happened after 9/11 to your lucrative contract and the billions of dollars of profit.. My Delta buds took big pay cuts and lost most of their retirement....if it was such a non-event, then why do I fly with 3 different former Delta captains who took their retirements and bailed, started over at SWA and are making more than they would have as a Captain at Delta.

You must not work at Delta or were in OYS new hire class and still on probation.

20% less than a SWA 737......good grief, they make less than Airtran.....

Smart guy.......Not

Your statements reek of ignorance and stupidity....Why let the facts get in the way of a good debate

Last edited:
Payrates at APC at least as far as SWA goes are pure fantasy. I made more than a Delta bud who is left seat on the 777....a lot more.

I know ALPA probably better than you having been a member at two previous majors, one of which I was a BOS fo rep...

If you don't think Obama and the coming EU meltdown is going to affect you and your airline than I am not surprised you don't know or are lying about knowing what happened after 9/11 to your lucrative contract and the billions of dollars of profit.. My Delta buds took big pay cuts and lost most of their retirement....if it was such a non-event, then why do I fly with 3 different former Delta captains who took their retirements and bailed, started over at SWA and are making more than they would have as a Captain at Delta.

You must not work at Delta or were in OYS new hire class and still on probation.

20% less than a SWA 737......good grief, they make less than Airtran.....

Smart guy.......Not

Your statements reek of ignorance and stupidity....Why let the facts get in the way of a good debate

I love that, you KNOW a DL 777 Capt (probably on reserve) and you make WAY more than he does..... That may change eventually thanks to Delta making WAY more than SWA does. Your airline is having a wave of troubles now with hedges and culture problems, and when the DL contract is brought up past yours, your airline will likely have a mass exodus of pilots, all trying to avoid your jealous azz and ELP layovers. You are well paid currently to fly an old turd colored 737-300 to Little Rock. You suck.

Godspeed!

OYS

Then I advise you to call the owners of APC and tell them they are putting out fantasy numbers.

So then, you work for SWA?

You know nothing about me or my past, so to make an ASSumption on your half is elementary, at best.

If you don't think Obama and the coming EU meltdown is going to affect you and your airline than I am not surprised you don't know or are lying about knowing what happened after 9/11 to your lucrative contract and the billions of dollars of profit..
If you think I'm going to take advice (or believe anything) from someone who's only retort is to flap around his big paycheck with his tiny brain then I have some news for you.

My Delta buds took big pay cuts and lost most of their retirement....if it was such a non-event, then why do I fly with 3 different former Delta captains who took their retirements and bailed, started over at SWA and are making more than they would have as a Captain at Delta.
First, I don't believe you have ANY buds, let alone Delta buds. And now, you want me to believe that you have retired captains making more now as new hire f/o's? Even if they're on 3rd year pay at SWA they're making $104/hr or even $115/hr on 4th year pay. Top payscales on the 777 are at $217/hr. Your math, much like your paycheck, doesn't add up. Hey sacha, you do know that whatever you're smoking, probably is not permitted by the FAA, right?

You obviously can't work for SWA seeing that you don't even know their pay scales.

20% less than a SWA 737......good grief, they make less than
Again, wrong on both accounts.
Airtran.....
According to APC, which you deem as fantasy.
15th year 737 capt at AT = $163.00 per hour
12th year 737 capt at DL = $174.00 per hour

I'd say your credibility is zero. Oh of course that's fantasy, right?

Smart guy.......Not
Obviously!
You've been proven wrong on everything you posted. So I'd gather that you dont' even work for SWA. Get back to flight sim kid, your 3:00 cross country will probably be cancelled due to winds over 10kts.

Last edited:
Only in America

Only in America can a company grow... 0.91 Earning per Share and then have a brilliant analyst (the same ones that led us into economic ruin) come out and say they were .02 cents short of their earnings forecast. IOW they did not meet expectations.

The truth of the matter is Delta is outperforming it's peers. The financial markets are rigged for the insiders. Look at the news today of the Goldman Sachs analyst charged with insider trading fraud. (Rajat Gupta) The sooner we throw these financial snakes into the Hudson, the sooner we will all be able to move on with our lives. Up will be up again and down will be down.

Like ^^^

Scooter,

I take it you are a little frustrated with your career like Fudge packer so you live in a world of Denial and Fantasy...

Many of those 4th year F/O's are at $115 x 1.5 or 2 times for the whole month...

Me...well for the month of Oct will be 185 trips x $190 per trip = $35,150
Senior Delta 777 @ $217/hr x 80 hrs = 17,360

35,150-17,360=$17,790 more than your 777 guy.....that's twice the pay for your info Cooter since you went to Public School.....

Now please make a long, stupid post so I can enjoy Fudgepacker coming on with an immediate post saying "yeah...good point Cooter...you tell em!!"

Fudgepacker is like the little twerp in the playground who would pick a fight and then run and hide behind his big,fat friend......

Scooter,

I take it you are a little frustrated with your career like Fudge packer so you live in a world of Denial and Fantasy...
On the contrary dances with diapers. I have a fabulous career, I just don't need to brag to the world about it. Security is within, and my family and I don't need to broadcast it in any fashion.

Many of those 4th year F/O's are at $115 x 1.5 or 2 times for the whole month...
Me...well for the month of Oct will be 185 trips x $190 per trip = $35,150
Senior Delta 777 @ $217/hr x 80 hrs = 17,360

35,150-17,360=$17,790 more than your 777 guy.....that's twice the pay for your info Cooter since you went to Public School.....
Liars figure and figures lie. All I did was pull a couple of numbers off a public website. Not showing any kind of math made up by me. So we are talking about you now? I thought we were comparing new hire SWA f/o's to retired DAL captains? If they are actually retied 777 captains, then they retired off C2k payrates, which was $319/hr.
What you did was assume overtime pay, and NOT assume overtime pay at DAL. You know the definition of assume is. You're making an ASS out of yourself!
It's quite obvious you've been outed kid. You can't be a pilot, let alone a SWA pilot. If you are, you need your hiney spanked because you're an embarrassment to your peers, and this profession.

Now please make a long, stupid post so I can enjoy Fudgepacker coming on with an immediate post saying "yeah...good point Cooter...you tell em!!"
You'll see that my posts aern't long. And I try to keep them simple. At least on the level that I'm dealing with you. Maybe I should start talking like this-----> goo goo gaa gaa. I think dealing with you it's more appropriate.

Fudgepacker is like the little twerp in the playground who would pick a fight and then run and hide behind his big,fat friend......
Well at least he has friends. You would probably hide behind the teacher. You probably do. You're probably on here during recess. Now, run along son, I'm sure play time is almost over.
Oh and Sacha, you're if you're trying to match wits here, it's like bringing a knife to a gun fight.;)

Last edited:
IMO-
Delta is the best of the legacy jobs left- but their mgmt did go the opportunistic BK route- and outsourcing has been a big problem that for two decades, your pilot group, slightly more than any other, did not get the ramifications of.

For a DAL guy to critique SWA which has not opportunistically f^cked their pilots, and whose union has been the ONLY one to hold the line on outsourcing is f^cking unbelievable.

I'm happy for your profitability bc I am sincerely hoping you can get your pay up and get outsourcing under control-
We need DALPA to step up- and that will help everyone-

Latest resources

Back