Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Could the Republic/Frontier/Lynx announcement mean something for Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

How about finally replacing those ASA ATRs with Lynx's Dash-8-400s, or having Republic buy more under the Lynx certificate and flying them out of ATL? Wow, from what I remember, that Lynx contract is a great one.......ASA (and all DCI carriers) will now have to compete with Lynx.....ouch. I don't think Delta would have anything to do with Frontier, but I can see Bedford using the Lynx certificate for other airline feeds, and DL might want the new Dash. The pay there is close to Colgan's, right? You never know....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Don't know General. But we are in a brave new world after this. Wouldn't be surprised to see Lynx and CHQ combined just to get rid of so many certificates. It costs a lot of money to keep them seperate, particularly because the pilot and FA contracts require everyone to be on the same seniority list. I can see Bedford combining the Lynx/CHQ certificates and Frontier/Republic because it will streamline operations, cut costs, and will not violate any scope. Shuttle will stay as is due to scope restrictions at DL and UA.

How about finally replacing those ASA ATRs with Lynx's Dash-8-400s, or having Republic buy more under the Lynx certificate and flying them out of ATL? Wow, from what I remember, that Lynx contract is a great one.......ASA (and all DCI carriers) will now have to compete with Lynx.....ouch. I don't think Delta would have anything to do with Frontier, but I can see Bedford using the Lynx certificate for other airline feeds, and DL might want the new Dash. The pay there is close to Colgan's, right? You never know....

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'm not sure why you are enjoying this?

For everyone's sake I hope you don't lose your cushy Delta job to a bunch of people getting paid $35/hr to fly an A320 which isn't that far off from an A321, which isn't that far off from a 757, which isn't that far off from a 767, which isn't that far off from an A330. Funny, those are all Delta airplanes. Captain's being displaced out of their A320's and 737s are probably going to displace you, to Compass if Republic doesn't purchase them, or the street. Eventually you will figure out when to stop being such a smug son of a bitch. You'll be on here complaining about the regional pukes that "took yer job."

Then again it may not get to the extent I described above so you will probably keep making jokes, and laugh all the way to the bank with your measly hundred grand a year job if it is still worth that much after all the senior bubbas over 60 finish giving away more of your contract until they hit 65. If your beloved Delturd uses other companies as tools to undermine contract labor how will they treat their in house employees? *BELCH*

Last edited:
Ever since Bedford took RAH all jet, he has stayed far away from props. When he bought Shuttle America, he sold all the SAAB's. When Continental asked if he would operate the Q 400, he said no. I would be surprised if at this point Bedford decided that props would fit into his business plan. Lots of us pilots would like to fly the big Dash, but it is not our call to make. I would expect him to sell off the certificate to raise cash. He may either sell off Lynx as a whole, functioning airline, or sell the planes and certificate separately. Whatever makes him the most coin, and helps fuel his spending habits, will be the plan. However, Lynx pilots will be eligible for integration into the RAH seniority list.

This is a bold move into uncharted territory. No one is exactly sure how this is going to play out. There is little in the past to draw experience from. So far, many of the RAH pilots are expressing concern that this is way more than our airline can handle, and may send us down the road towards our own disintegration.

One positive in this whole deal is that, if Lynx pilots are acquired in this deal (the terms of the business plan for exiting bankruptcy have NOT been laid out yet), they will become unionized in the integration process. All RAH payscale speicify jet aircraft, so if the Q remains on property, a new pay rate will have to be negotiated, which gives us an opportunity to raise the Lynx pay scale.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Dude!!

Get a life and hang out on the Mainline board.

I see frontier/republic flying airbus for delta first. That would be more inline with delta's past announcements.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Don't even joke about ATL. Having to commute to DEN is bad enough.

Latest resources

Back