Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Could someone smart explain SKYW stock's continual decline?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bounce back to what???? SKYW is currently at its 52-week low. I just pulled up a 10-year historical chart for SKYW. It is appears to be currently at the lowest it has been in the past decade!!!!!

Analysts show a reasonable average of 12.33. I'm waiting for An opportunity to invest and make more money on this stock. It's worked for me pretty well in the past.

Forced pinnacle in bankruptcy...just as he did with Mesaba, who was going out on their own with Big Sky.

Why would he "force" them into bankruptcy, then turn around and loan them $75 million if he wants to get rid of them?

Yes Delta will. I see you really don't understand how Anderson at Delta works. Your used to the old Delta management. You first have to understand Anderson's leadership and vision. To do that you only have to look so far as his history with NWA. It's a tell...to use poker language. He want's TOTAL CONTROL of his regionals with out "really" owning them. So far he has gotten rid of freedom, tried to get rid of Pinnacle's 16 900's as soon as they announced the "Q" deal with Unical. Forced pinnacle in bankruptcy...just as he did with Mesaba, who was going out on their own with Big Sky. Even the DIP financing stated why use Delta Dollars to support the competition, in the form of the "Q" operation. What's the first thing Pinnacle did when they got the DIP. Used chapter 11 to get out of the Q's and saabs. Big surprise they flew for Delta's competition in the form of Unical and USair.

I could go on and on and site you other examples of Delta's transformation into NWA like code share growth, joint ventures, ect.

My friend, we will have to agree to disagree and see what happens. $75 million is a lot different from a billion. I bet Delta uses Skywest's money. Plus I think Delta was the only one willing to provide DIP financing. No one else would do it. Obviously Delta would because the collapse of PNCL would severely affect the Delta operation

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

SkyWest stock is so low because the regionals are starting to go through consolidation just like the majors have. No regional is safe and a lot of planes are probably going to be retired. If you are in your early 50s/late 40s you are in good shape. Any younger and you should keep those interview skills sharp. SkyWest was a great place to work but I am glad I got out when I did 5 yrs ago. This is the sunset of the fee per departure days. Regionals won't go away but I see them being much smaller than they are today. No union in the world can save a failing business model FWIW.

http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile/54125064-79/skywest-airlines-regional-industry.html.csp

A good explanation of what has been happening with Skywest and the industry. A key point is that the regionals must again focus on taking control of their revenues, not just their costs, ie, code sharing, etc. Skywest has been exploring and moving ahead with these strategies and has the capital and infrastructure in place to do this when the time and circumstances are right.

NOT branded flying, but controlling its own flying through code share partnerships with the current and potential mainline partners.

This has been Chip's dream for years. He's been vocal about it and I think it's finally coming to fruition.

and your point is.

Have you been drug tested lately?

Sounds like someone is in denial? Open your eyes and do your own analysis. Here is how?
  • Stock price down $7.35 today (it is down from $14/share in December)
  • 50 million shares outstanding = $360 million market value
  • Cash on hand 12/31/11 = $627 million
  • Cash on hand 3/31/12 = $569 million
  • cash on hand 6/30/12 = ??? estimate $478 million
Cash burn per day = $1 million +/- for rounding.

My friend, Sky West is in deep deep trouble because no one wants (needs) CRJ 200's anymore and the regional CP model is irreparably broken. Return conditions will bankrupt this company.

Just Saying, not doing drugs

I'll meet you back here in July when SkyWest posts a $8M profit for the 2nd Quarter

http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile/54125064-79/skywest-airlines-regional-industry.html.csp

A good explanation of what has been happening with Skywest and the industry. A key point is that the regionals must again focus on taking control of their revenues, not just their costs, ie, code sharing, etc. Skywest has been exploring and moving ahead with these strategies and has the capital and infrastructure in place to do this when the time and circumstances are right.

NOT branded flying, but controlling its own flying through code share partnerships with the current and potential mainline partners.

If SkyWest tries an "Indy Air" deal, they very well may end up the same way. It was a good lesson for all of the regionals out there. Don't compete directly with someone you used to feed. Not good. When the majority of your planes are 50 seaters (like Indy Air), you will lose, fast.

Bye Bye---General Lee

This is getting hilarious...

Latest resources

Back