Corporate to SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Melon said:
Anyone know what the chances are for a guy with prior 121 time that is current 91 getting on at SWA? Oh yeah, no type or degree either. Try not to laugh too hard. What about the same as above with type and no 121? Or with type and 121 experience? Any/all thoughts are appreciated. Both senerios are guys with 5000+, several jet types and a lot of it PIC.

Melon,

Congrats on getting the type! Are you a Checkairman? I asked a HR person about a friend who did apply, but did not have a degree, and what are his chances of getting hired at SW. The HR person wanted to know if he was a checkairman or not. Without a degree they want to see some type of leadership position. My friend was not a checkairman but became one. 4 months later he was offered an interview and its next week. I hope this helps.

Best of Luck!

Last edited:
Cram it, clown!

BOZO said:
If a corporate employer would look down on a candidate who has one they're not worth working for in the first place! ;)

Yeah . . . I'm sure if they are considering spending $50K to type a guy in a G-Whiz or equivalent, they wouldn't worry about whether this person is trying to get on with an airline.

Cool your turbines...

Ty Webb said:
Yeah . . . I'm sure if they are considering spending $50K to type a guy in a G-Whiz or equivalent, they wouldn't worry about whether this person is trying to get on with an airline.

Fair and valid argument Ty. However, an employer who believes that just because a guy has a 737 type he'll "jump ship and run" if we type him in our G-Whiz is pretty insecure. It's amazing how a lot of employers seem to think that way. Sure...some have been burned by pilots who want to be sneaky...but that's usually because it was said employer who bent them over first.

Ty Webb said:
That 737 type on your certificate may have the same appeal to future employers as a venereal disease, should you not get hired at SWA. Expect the question, for sure.

Ty I think you insinuated more than just being questioned in an interview.

Unless you think being known with venereal disease as only a minor inconvenience.

SWAdude said:
Ty I think you insinuated more than just being questioned in an interview.

Unless you think being known with venereal disease as only a minor inconvenience.

??????????? Not sure what you're getting at. Speaka de english, my swinging friend?

I don't have a venereal disease, but I did have a 737 type on my ticket when I interviewed at other non-737 carriers. One did not ask about the type and the other mentioned it in passing. I simply stated I was trying to keep all options open.

And Ty, (love your screenname, by the way) As for your sarcastic
How nice for you, sir . . . .
I wasn't bragging, just letting you know that a 73 type on a ticket does not end in
That 737 type on your certificate may have the same appeal to future employers as a venereal disease

Ty Webb said:
. . . . . . Except maybe an unpronounceable disease (with apologies to Frank Zappa).

Heh-heh. That 737 type on your certificate may have the same appeal to future employers as a venereal disease, should you not get hired at SWA. Expect the question, for sure.

This board has great advice, coming from those with past experiences!!!!:p

Latest resources

Back