• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Corporate Shuttle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A Citation Excel (C56XL) meets every one of your requirements. Seats 8, has an APU, burns about 200 gallons on a 300nm flight, can go out of a 3500 strip, does 420knots at FL430, easy 1700nm range, standup cabin, the CEO will be very pleased! Most are still under warranty and there are quite a few deals to be had in the used Excel market (99's for under $7M)!

Fr8Dog said:
I have seen a CRJ that was in exec configuration somewhere not to long ago, and now there is the Embraer Legacy with 18 pax in exec configuration, and 37 in shuttle with a range of 3,200nm but I am not sure about the short field stuff.

I hear the Embraer Legacy shuttle has low operating costs and high dispatch reliability. I think Conoco and Intel both operate Legacy shuttles. And Indigo is running them between MDW and TEB with 16 pax. Their interior is huge compared to Citations, Falcons, Hawkers, etc. and they're meant for airline work so they're cheap to operate.

girlpilot said:
I hear the Embraer Legacy shuttle has low operating costs and high dispatch reliability. I think Conoco and Intel both operate Legacy shuttles. And Indigo is running them between MDW and TEB with 16 pax. Their interior is huge compared to Citations, Falcons, Hawkers, etc. and they're meant for airline work so they're cheap to operate.

Yeah but check the runway numbers on those things... it'll never make a 3,500 ft runway... probably not even a 4,500 ft runway...

None of the "RJ's" will... Except maybe the DO-328Jet...

I had a chance to tour the Legacy last summer. The flight deck is spacious! Even a Global Express commented at the size (bigger than the GLEX). As for the cabin, the "corporate" version took out the center isle (to have a true flat floor). This cut a few inches out of the headroom. I believe the cabin height was less than the Gulfstream, Challenger and Falcons. The shuttle version, I've heard, has the center isle. Whatever your taste I guess.

I don't remember specifically, but the DOCs were low, as was the purchase price. You're getting an airplane that is very comparible to the GV / GLEX in cabin size at a fraction the cost. However, Falcon Capt. is right on the runway numbers.

Get a copy of B/CA's Planning and Purchasing handbook. They will have a host of numbers you can study while making your decision.

2000Flyer

First you need to find out what the boss MUST have. Speed, Lav, standup cabin, etc. Then find out what he would like to have. I would suggest that you don't try to fill all the 'would like to have's'. You will end up with too much aircraft. Once you get beyond 9 passenger seats the size and cost of the aircraft increases dramaticly. How often does the boss want to carry more than 9 passengers? If it is once in awhile, make two trips. Basicly, you have to make and keep the boss happy. If he' shappy with the aircraft, things go smoother.

Also consider that when companies get their first aircraft, they tend to underestimate their usage. I went to work for one company that programed their usage at 400 - 500 hours a year. The first year, we flew just under 900 hours. Companies tend to find uses for their aircraft that they had not considered. You might want to give consideration to two aircraft. A turboprop for the shuttle, like a KA200. And a jet for the longer range missions.

I would also consider stay a far under budget as possible. Too many coporate operations have been closed over budget issues. Being under budget makes it less likely. Not impossible. Just less likely. But most important, keep the boss happy and keep him part of the process.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back