Corporate Pilots....? for ya

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cl65@350

How do the you get a job flying as a demo sales pilot? What is the normal progression to land a job in that category???

Is that most likely a "lucrative" career job...i.e....do they get a commission on those jets or salary or what?

How do you rank the companies?

Gulfstream
Lear
Cessna?

There is no commission on the sale of the aircraft... Remember you are just flying the plane around... BUT you are carrying the salesman along with you... HE gets the commission...

From what I have seen in these jobs, you work a lot of days and spend a LOT of time on the road... I have heard these guys average 200+ RONs (Typical Corporate averages lesss than 100 RONs)

They do work a great deal and also spend lots of time performing administrative duties as well. Lots of paperwork, ferrying, demos, time spent getting company pilots up to standards, etc...

They also get to interact with CP's, DO's, CEO's, CFO's, and owners on a regular basis and may even fly with the company until the company pilots get enough time in the aircraft. Those who don't make careers out of this kind of flying certainly have unparalleled networking opportunities.

From an owners/operators perspective, an instructor or manufacturer's pilot in type would be an ideal prospective pilot for them.

Back when things were gerat in aviation, I was interviewing with another F500 company that just purchaced a F900. While alone in the new airplane with the Falcon demo piot, he confidentially asked me to call him at their HQ. He wanted me to go to work for them as a demo pilot... and I had absolutely no Falcon time at all. Obviously, things have changed a bit since then but most of the big manufacturers still have big orders to fill.

Normally, you have to have time in type, some corporate experience, a great personality to deal with company pilots and their bosses, and some pretty high minimums. Try contacting some of the manufacturers and see whats happeing in the industry now.

Good luck,

Latest resources

Back