• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Corporate pilot position

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
climbto350.com and avcrew.com. I have also gotten good leads from jsfirm.com. I got a call once off aviationemploymentboard.com (which seems to be dormant now) but it didn't pan out.

If you live near a FSI sim center, look into their SIC program - they need warm bodies to fill the right seat for people going through training solo. It's a great way to meet a lot of corporate pilots. They'll send you through the course for free (but they won't give you the type).

I kept in touch with a friend from way back and one day I was in the front of an RJ and this friend's dad calls me and says that he heard I was looking to make a switch. 3 days later I interviewed and later on I was offered a job. The QOL was immediately better and I was able to get the corporate experience that helped open the door to my current job. Knew the CP here for a little while, got to know more of the pilots here, gave some warbird rides whenever I came around, generally tried to cultivate all of my relationships with people that were on the inside. It paid off big time for me.

The fact that I was local helped, too. Had I not made the move for the first job I would have had a harder time IMO. My best advice, though, is about making and keeping networking relationships going. With some people every time they see you you're being interviewed. No matter how casual a lunch seems, it probably isn't. Also, be careful about what you say around the internet. It's not too hard to sleuth out who somebody is based on certain things if you've got the time and motivation to do so and let's just say that anecdotal evidence has shown that there are people that will do this.

I kept in touch with a friend from way back and one day I was in the front of an RJ and this friend's dad calls me and says that he heard I was looking to make a switch. 3 days later I interviewed and later on I was offered a job. The QOL was immediately better and I was able to get the corporate experience that helped open the door to my current job. Knew the CP here for a little while, got to know more of the pilots here, gave some warbird rides whenever I came around, generally tried to cultivate all of my relationships with people that were on the inside. It paid off big time for me.

The fact that I was local helped, too. Had I not made the move for the first job I would have had a harder time IMO. My best advice, though, is about making and keeping networking relationships going. With some people every time they see you you're being interviewed. No matter how casual a lunch seems, it probably isn't. Also, be careful about what you say around the internet. It's not too hard to sleuth out who somebody is based on certain things if you've got the time and motivation to do so and let's just say that anecdotal evidence has shown that there are people that will do this.

Some good advice here IMO...ALWAYS be networking - thats the key...in person and online. A surprising amount of contact and job information is shared via PMs on these boards.

Don't be uptight, just be yourself, you dont want to work at a place where you wont fit in anyhow.

Standing out? --

Local always helps, as its clear you understand the area and the COL. Type rated? if thats a hard core requirement I'd wonder why....inside contacts always help, of course...but that just gets you the interview. I have interviewed rec'd people who got the thumbs down pretty quick, while blind resumes have been hired..it helps to get you in the door but no way guarantees a job.

Be persistent but not annoying. Stay in touch enough to show your interest. Hiring may stop for awhile but if/when it picks up you want your name mentioned as a very interested guy.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Furloughed Airline guy that just got a job as a CP for a 91 flight department. Networking is the only way to go....

Whoever said the difficulity of this maneauver is a 9.0 is dead on.

I got hired off it. Friends also.

Any lead is worth it in this business my friend.

Even little old discredited, disrespected, and completely unappreciated me has managed to get a dude or two hired around here...

;)

Last edited:
Climbto350.com is alright but seems to have too many foreign pilot jobs... I prefer to use BizJetJobs.com.

Good jobs are not advertised in most cases and networking is easier for finding quality jobs/employees

Has anyone used Climbto350? Just wondering if it's worth the money or just a bunch of bs jobs?

Its the place to go for an international job thats for sure. I think when a domestic company puts an ad on there they get 1,000 resumes in hours, not gonna have very good luck with that IMO. You also aren't going to find the very good jobs/companies to work for on any website. The Fortune 500 companies have posted jobs on their before and still do every now and then, but they will never hire anyone that way. They just do that to keep the Equal Oppurtunity Employment people off their backs. They hire within. I know a few guys at Southeast Toyota and they put ads out, but they will never and have never hired any other way but WITHIN.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back