• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Corporate Interview Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are there any ways to bring up time off/schedule and pay without sounding too greedy or selfish?

Time off/schedule for a one aircraft "new" flight department? LOL :laugh:
That IS funny ! Becasue the pilots are gonna be used and abused for the first year until their accountants actually come up with the amount of money it is costing them take those weekend getaways in the Bahamas. Good luck to him though !

If you start asking questions like those it will be a mute point, they won't hire you. Southern pilot hit the nail square on the head.

Decide for them! Tell them how its going to be and how you will conduct yourself. This is when I am available and when I am not. Always put safety first, for your benefit, not theirs. If they are in the airplane with you then it is a safe flight :). Offer to write an Ops manual for them. I have seen many that are five pagers and cover everything. The manual will give management something to refer to and give the flight department something to go by. Get yourself some First Aid, CPR, and HazMat training while you are at it.
Train the passenger in the areas of what to expect during normal op so you don't have to brief the same people every time. Then train pax for emergencies, lay it all out for them, and you don't have to scare them either. Train them in the use of the galley, you can even show them the reg that prevents you from serving them. That reg is one of my favorites!

LS

Just take my advice, when they start loaning you and the airplane out to other companies, partners or relatives, to help offset the flight department budget (the real budget, not the one the aircraft salesman told them) start looking for another job. :nuts:

Be sure to inquire about the severance package you will get when they realize how much the airplane really does cost and sell it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back