Corporate Interview Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gabe

What are some good questions to ask a prospective employer during an interview? I have done some research on the company, and this would be a new flight department for them.

Any help and/ or suggestions are really appreciated.
Thanks.

I always asked "what do you like best about the company?" That is a good one. Use it or not but do ask questions! It gives them a chance to sell you the company and you a chance to read the interviewer on your terms.

Questions to ask:
1. I am married with two small children, is a family or personal life allowed at this company?
2. Specifically, what time off is being offered with this position? Examples would include, cell phone off after five and Friday for the weekends.
3. May I have that in writing?
4. If I request vacation Monday through Friday, will I be on call the preceding Sunday until midnight, or may I get the weekend before and after off?
5.If this airplane is to be crewed by three pilots, do you have any plans to use contract pilots. Sometimes three per airplane are not enough during, emergencies such as medical, hurricanes and such.
6.Are you willing to put in writing any and all plans and promises you have for me or state to me through out my employment here?

Amount of business VS personal use of the aircraft.
Maintenance plans. Who makes the decisions?
Ask about Go / NO GO decisions
What everyone else said.

Thanks for all the input, so far. This is a brand new flight department, so I don't know if they will even have the answers. I guess get as much in writing as possible.

Gabe,
Decide for them! Tell them how its going to be and how you will conduct yourself. This is when I am available and when I am not. Always put safety first, for your benefit, not theirs. If they are in the airplane with you then it is a safe flight :). Offer to write an Ops manual for them. I have seen many that are five pagers and cover everything. The manual will give management something to refer to and give the flight department something to go by. Get yourself some First Aid, CPR, and HazMat training while you are at it.
Train the passenger in the areas of what to expect during normal op so you don't have to brief the same people every time. Then train pax for emergencies, lay it all out for them, and you don't have to scare them either. Train them in the use of the galley, you can even show them the reg that prevents you from serving them. That reg is one of my favorites!

If you don't get it in writing don't complain later!!! just my 2 cents...
been there and done that!

Don't take smiles and smoke up the wazu as word!!! It will haunt you later!

Do you like to drink beer at the end of the day or the beginning of the day or both?

Last edited:
"Can I commute" is always a good one to ask during a corporate interview.

Latest resources

Back