Corporate flying in the Atlanta area

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATL Flying Jobs

As a fellow Atlantan and someone who is always out 'pounding the pavement' of the corporate world around these parts, I'll tell you that most of the larger corporate flight departs that I am aware of are completely staffed with high-time pilots. However, check out Georgia Jet at LZU as I hear they have a few openings, and have heard they are friendly to furloughees and also have heard that Southern Company at PDK may be looking for an experienced high-time pilot to possibly qualify for a CAP position, and I have heard they will type the right person if they can find them.

As far as the rest goes... I am a low timer myself... generally speaking anyway... but I will assure anyone who asks me that I have packed A LOT of experience into these few hours. I've held 3 corporate positions thus far as well as worked as a flight instructor here in Atlanta. I know you 'high-time' guys raise an eyebrow at anyone with under 1000TT in a jet cockpit; but all I can say is, you cant judge a book by its cover. I've wanted to a be a professional pilot from the time I smelled jet fuel from the whomb! I've motivated and dedicated myself to being the ABSOLUTE BEST pilot I can be, and I work my ass off to meet the expectations of everyone who sees that I hold a commercial pilots license. I got a great break lately being taken into the cockpit of a C550 as a first officer. I learned the ropes quick; read the books, poured over the manuals and SOPs and did my absolute best to look and act professional in the cockpit. I have over 300 unlogged hours in the MD11, 737-200,-300,-700 full motion simulators and am VERY familiar with SOPs, FMS and EFIS. But how would someone ever know that looking at me or my resume? I guess what I am saying is, as a CFII and someone who has flown as PIC in the corporate environment, I know it can be difficult when other low-time pilot crew members don't meet your expectations... but having faith and giving a young 'low-timer' the opportunity of a lifetime is something they will work hard to earn and will motivate them to persue excellence and professionalism with the urgency and enthusiasm of the same, paying huge dividends for a long time to come!

Latest resources

Back