Corporate Air Information?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
highalti2d said:
... told me they are looking for Metro driviers in PR. and they said something about (don't quote me) FedEx to change their feeder hiring stance and begin hiring pilots off of their feeder operators in the near future. I was told by someone who was told by someone, so it could be THE classic rumor. I dunno anyone else hear that?

This is not the first time I've heard of this and this is not going to be the last. I'm currently flying for a Fedx feeder and we're losing guys to the regional faster than they can be hired, an opportunity to fly an Emb 170 is hard to resist. There is no flow through to Fedx period...it is a classic rumor.

Dont believe any of that Bull S**t. That is typical of Corporate Air to start this rumor, this is a stale one, it comes out several times a year. Yes they are looking for Metro drivers in PR, (Merlin Airways owned by Corporate Air). BEWARE, the conditions are not what they say they are. Be very cautious, the management are a bunch of scamps, especially M.Overstreet, maybe he is in jail by now.

tinman said:
Ask and ye shall receive. I heard that starting next month Empire will fly the ATR into IDA.
I saw it, about friggin time. Just too bad they can't fit it on the feeder ramp.

Hey there, anyone have any input as to whether applying to Corporate Air or Merlin Airways is any better? I don't care so much about which aircraft I'd be flying, just want $40k-ish start pay or better, and I'm open for overseas work. Didn't know if the applications are interchanged between the 2 companies or kept completely seperate. Any suggestions appreciated.

Corporate Air you mean corrupt air! there are better options out there! Mike Overstress being the biggest reason to stay away

Airbusdrvr,

What makes CorporateAir/MerlinAirways so corrupt? Can you count on the paychecks? Aircraft relatively safe? Reasonable time off?

I'd like to do some international work again. So, the idea of doing some overseas work, but still working for a USA company sounds good. As I understand, they have operations out of a few places in Asia. Do you know if that is still the case? If so, then what is the likelyhood of getting based outside the USA if hired by them?

Anyone w/ any good info, it is appreciated. Thanks.

AV8N4Fun

I know guys who went to PR and got paidvery little, a paycheck on time is great but if it is not enough to eat and you have to sleep outside what is the use. as for the Asia option, that is not an option for overseas pilots, that is all run by local pilots.

But if you get a job with them great, get your hours and get out, there are better jobs out there

Ok, so anyone have any info on C208 out of IDA?

Number of days off per month?
How much $$ per month?
How many hours flown per month?
What is the typical day (hours worked)? What time do you get into/ leave SLC?
Do you throw your own bags?
Union or non-union?
How are the health benefits?
What kind of schedule? Is it a set sched or do you bid for it?

Since most cargo haulers are what they are, I don't care to hear about bad management is (most managements are). I'm looking for numbers and facts, preferably from a current Corporate Air pilot. Thanks.

Since the ATR came in to town, not much 208 activity. I think he only comes in for Sat. and Mon. flights. I also remember him saying he would come in if there was extra cargo. The guy has lived here for almost twenty years, so who knows what's going to happen. I'll see if I can talk to him tomorrow.

Latest resources

Back