COPA airlines recruiting ExpressJet Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Truckdriver said:
XJT also just bid for the 190 flying that UAIR/AWA put out for bid. The word is that XJT doesn't want the 170 flying only 190 stuff. They will be getting a 190 sim to train XJT guys, and just like CAL trains the COPA 737 guys, XJT will train all of the COPA 190 guys in their training center.

This is a new one. Whats your source? I Think its only a matter of time before it happens. We should just join seniority lists with cal and if they want to bid capt on the 190 than so be it and we would work as one company. If we did get them i think we would fight for a good payrate.

Superpilot92 said:
This is the latest rumor i have heard. They have ordered the 190's and want XJET guys. Anyone want to move to Panama? I checked out their web site plain as day showing delivery of 190's in sept or something.

What's your source?

I highly doubt it

Someone who works here and is in the middle of figuring out if he wants to go because he is from down there. Take it for what its worth and hey apply and see what happens.

Superpilot92 said:
This is a new one. Whats your source? I Think its only a matter of time before it happens. We should just join seniority lists with cal and if they want to bid capt on the 190 than so be it and we would work as one company. If we did get them i think we would fight for a good payrate.

You haven't been here very long have you? This has as much of a chance of happening as Commutair has of finally getting their 1900 replacements or Gulfstream dropping PFT. Single seniority list? Oh man, my sides are aching.

Sweet, I worked PFT into this thread!

Superpilot92 said:
Someone who works here and is in the middle of figuring out if he wants to go because he is from down there. Take it for what its worth and hey apply and see what happens.

AKA: BS

How to start a rumor: As you and a friend walk past a classroom filled for recurrent training say "....and the chief pilot said we are just waiting for the FAA to approve our operating certificate for the 190's. I guess we won the bid for the UAL flying."

gobigred said:
Any idea on how to apply?

From their website:

Be part of a team of leading professionals in the Latin American aviation industry. We are more than 2700 co-workers determined to maintain a high level of excellence in our daily functions.

We appreciate your interest in working with us. Below you will find instructions to apply for a position within our company:

Go to the page www.nuestrohub.com
Log on using the following parameters in all caps: User ID: APLICANTE; Password: EXTERNO
Select the option Applicant Home
Select the option View Job Posting / Apply for Job
To fill an application just follow the system instructions (you need to submit your information and resume only once. For future applications, just mark the job posting of your interest and update the data as necessary).
Upon entering your data, you will be asked for an e-mail address and a password which will serve as your logon parameters for future inquiries or data updates.
Remember to attach your resume in the space indicated. We will maintain your information in our database for future positions for a period of six months.

Sincerely,
Recruiting and Selection

Nova said:
You haven't been here very long have you? This has as much of a chance of happening as Commutair has of finally getting their 1900 replacements or Gulfstream dropping PFT. Single seniority list? Oh man, my sides are aching.

Sweet, I worked PFT into this thread!

AKA: BS

How to start a rumor: As you and a friend walk past a classroom filled for recurrent training say "....and the chief pilot said we are just waiting for the FAA to approve our operating certificate for the 190's. I guess we won the bid for the UAL flying."[/QUOTE

I dont care who you are, now thats funny!!! I wasnt saying that the one seniority list would happen i was just saying it wouldnt be a bad idea. I know it was tried before and got shot down. Thats to bad. But look at the bright side at least you can apply to COPA!

XJT is adding the 170/190 to the type certificate, but we'll never see them on property. It's so that we can do contract MX on everybody else's.

The north side of terminal A in IAH looks like an Embraer dealership every morning: the other day I counted 7 E170s, both USAir and United colors.

Whether service/routine checks, contract MX callouts, C-checks, or whatever, you know JR would love to get him some money off of that! Personally I think it's a good idea, adding to the bottom line without incurring a bunch of fixed costs to do so. The only fixed costs would be training and manuals, plus administrative costs.

Last edited:
Just think about how far those JetBlue E190 wages would go down there!!!!!!!! You'd be the King of Panama on $28 bucks (US) per hour.... Go for it!

Latest resources

Back