Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Superpilot92

LONGCALL KING
This is the latest rumor i have heard. They have ordered the 190's and want XJET guys. Anyone want to move to Panama? I checked out their web site plain as day showing delivery of 190's in sept or something.

Superpilot92 said:
This is the latest rumor i have heard. They have ordered the 190's and want XJET guys. Anyone want to move to Panama? I checked out their web site plain as day showing delivery of 190's in sept or something.

Apparently one of Money Magagazines best places to retire based on cost of living (2500 sf house, with maid, on the beach for 350K), very good medical care, low taxes, many ex-pats moving there, etc.

Sweet, I'm there dude, where do I sign up? I've even got money to pay for my training. Oh wait no habla espagnol.

Interesting...might be a good opportunity for some of you adventerous types. COPA is actually a very well run state owned airline. Even though the country occasionaly has some issues with their ICAO standings, the airline is very well thought of. THey operate the longest scheduled 737 segment on the planet. (Tocumen to Buenos Aires)

Panama also has a law on the books that requires any expat pilots to start as a street captain. Could be a bag of worms depending on how the locals view it. I'm not sure if it's still the case, but a few years ago their VP of Flight Ops was an expat TWA bro.

Do you have to be with expressjet? Or are they hiring street pilots, I used to live in Panama so I could fit in pretty good.

Last edited:
Well considering COPA and continental are affiliated i think thats why they want XJET guys. Because it would be an easy transition in aircraft types and we are affiliated with CAL also so who knows. I would do it if i was single and with no kids.

XJT also just bid for the 190 flying that UAIR/AWA put out for bid. The word is that XJT doesn't want the 170 flying only 190 stuff. They will be getting a 190 sim to train XJT guys, and just like CAL trains the COPA 737 guys, XJT will train all of the COPA 190 guys in their training center.

Superpilot92 said:

I wonder if you have to even be based in Panama City? Maybe they would have a base or 2 in the U.S.?

Latest resources

Back