• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cool controllers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Roger aka...PR is a great controller up there in CHI...he will talk yer ear off and always has some great stories! There is another guy up there in the same sector that says...Milwackee approach...pretty entertaining as well. Im a lil biased about some of the Milwaukee controllers...since my pops is one of the sups there;):D...hows it going Mr. Gein? I mean FN;)

There is a few cool ones in socal. The guy that does FUL tower, and a few on socal app right around ONT, and also RAL tower.

EX_CV580FR8Dawg said:
Roger aka...PR is a great controller up there in CHI...he will talk yer ear off and always has some great stories! There is another guy up there in the same sector that says...Milwackee approach...pretty entertaining as well. Im a lil biased about some of the Milwaukee controllers...since my pops is one of the sups there;):D...hows it going Mr. Gein? I mean FN;)
Hahaha...don't laugh, I just found out one of my friends was a co-worker of the two milwackie cops that found the head in Dahmers fridge! That had to have been some freeeeeky stuff!

generaltso said:
Visited RDU again the other day. That one controller is pretty cool. The one that when you say good day to, he says "dayyyyyyyyy"

Anyone know the dude I am talking about? He cracks me up everytime I am there. He sounds so serious.

This guy is great. Earlier this week my FO missed a radio call coming into RDU. The next call to us from this guy was "Earth to xxxxxxxx".

The next day a guy on about a two mile final asked out of the blue if he was still cleared to land. The same controller resonds "Hmmm...let me think about it for a second....yes, xxxxxx you are still cleared to land."

He does sound serious but has a great dry sense of humor.

Msn...

Even though I know I'm biased, the controllers at MSN are very friendly and there's one fellow in particular who has such a unique "(commercial) radio" voice, I would think he could have made big bucks doing that, instead.

There's a cool guy on STL approach who sounds just like John Wayne. He's got the same tone whether you are the only one he's talking to, or he's juggling a zillion approaches into low IFR.

There's also a guy, Bill on Tampa approach who is known as "Mr. Happy" because he sounds like he absolutely loves his job.

Funny how a crabby controller can sour your mood, while a relaxed, friendly voice can make a full route clearance a little easier to swallow.

There's a cool controller in IAH...one of those guys who doesn't care if it's clear and a million or socked in. Also, every now and then you'll hear him tell a flight, "Contact houston appch. on xxx.xx and say hi to my good friend d!ck." Then on next freq. you hear, "Hey d!ck, flight 1234 level 6000." Always a good laugh.

GAcfi said:
Unfortunately, they don't hire many cool controllers for Atlanta, only those that want the big bucks since their pay is based on operations, and they are not willing to work with you. Airliners only!
Actually, the majority of the ATL Center and APproach controllers are fantastic...They are just usually too busy to work GA through traffic...

Ptk

PTK has the best controllers! Well except for the INFAMOUS " MARBLES"

Every afternoon you get the good old SEEEEEEEEEEEE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! from BOB!

Oh and dont forget the INFAMOUS Night shift working Lansing Approach at KLAN...Freight guys know who im talking about

Anyone else heard that sexy lady in Toledo? Instead of "roger," she says, "cooooooooool" in the most soothing voice you can imagine. I think it's $3.99/minute to speak with her on approach.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back