Cool 727 video

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rumpletumbler said:
Not a shaker. The 727 has a system I'm not sure which that makes that rattle.
AGE!!!! just kidding

Jobear

rumpletumbler said:
Not a shaker. The 727 has a system I'm not sure which that makes that rattle.
The 727 DOES have a stick shaker.

Thedude said:
The 727 DOES have a stick shaker.
I didn't say it didn't have a stick shaker, I said that wasn't the sound on the video. There is a system/instrument that makes that clatter all the time. Someone who actually flies one could answer the question.

It's the Captain's altimeter/vibrator, which sounds like an angry rattle snake.

In some aircraft the standby instruments (airspeed and altimiter) have a vibrator to keep them from sticking.

I've ridden the jumpseat of many 727s, both passender and freighter, and never heard such a noise. Sure sounds like the shaker?

That does sound like an altimeter vibrator. On some 727's they are extremely loud. So loud that it's typical to pull the altimeter vibrator circuit breakers once you are parked.

sounds like the dirt runway to me. altimeter vibrators can be loud but not at Vr. Surely not the stickshaker. I doubt they even work on those planes anyway, lol. I've worked with a few people who worked there. Interesting stories.

20,000$ is lots of cash but funny they don't talk about the 2 a/c they lost to SAM's in the Angolan war a few years back..

Stick Shaker...LOL

That sound was the trim wheel. Loud as hell.

My take....

Yea the sound of the trim wheel on the 727 is louder than other cockpit noises , but that sound sounded like it was continuous throughout the short clip of the takeoff roll/rotation. Kinda sounded like altimeter vibrators (yes I have heard them in the 72) combined with the sound of taking off on a rough dirt strip and assorted other bangs/clicks/etc?....I'd hope they would set the stab. before takeoff and not during the roll?.....Anyone else?.....

Latest resources

Back