April 24 - September 30
Commercial Instrument SEL
Pecos, Texas
Cloud seeding
www.just-clouds.com
PIC time in Comanche 250 desireable
Contract labor temporary position
Submit salary requirements ($/month)
NOTE: Housing/per diem not provided, so you should include these costs in your salary requirements when you apply (figure out the hotel, car, food, laundry, etc.)
E-mail your resume AND cover letter including your salary requirements and ALL aircraft time in make and model to: [email protected]
No telephone calls.

This looks like a good time builder for someone, and you get paid while doing it. This is five months duration and in the local area, so it would be a good idea to research your hotel/per diem costs carefully.

Sounds like fun wiah I had 250 in a Comanche or 250 in multi engine period.

This looks like a good time builder for someone, and you get paid while doing it.

Wow, it sounds like they think they are being generous by paying you to work for them. And they dont even give a per diem either? And contract labor too? Sounds like a recipe to not make much money.

I havent been terribly impressed with things I have heard about SOAR, and this just sounds like more of the same.

NW_Pilot said:
Sounds like fun wiah I had 250 in a Comanche or 250 in multi engine period.

Um.......A Comanche 250 is the type of airplane...as in 250 hp Comanche (they came in 180, 250,260 and 400 hp flavors)

And it only has one engine......the TWIN Comanche is the two motored variety!

Of course...You should have known!!:D

I believe this is a contract position because it is seasonal. Therefore one should include their expenses in the rate so that this does not come out of pocket. You would also want to include the costs of your social security and medicare payments as you would have to file, and pay, quarterly.

I have my doubts regarding this being a contract eligible position under IRS guidelines, but this would take a little research. I believe that there are some discussions elsewhere in this website regarding this issue.

Last edited:
Heads up guys and gals. $3500 a month was too much for them to pay. Remember that they are not paying housing, or per diem(so you will be taxed on the entire amount)

I figured $45 a day for hotel, $20 a day for food(no kitchen in a hotel), and $1000 a month($30 a day) for the flying.

Good luck to the next person...it sounds neat.

See PC12 Cowboy's post below. This position may be well suited some a local pilot who already has a residence.

Last edited:
Well 414 I just got done doing some flying for Gary and can tell you they are a great bunch of people to work for..... as far as pay goes it is limited due to the contract was already in place due to the way the texas legislation works, so the dollars are already allocated so they already know what they can pay, and you dont work everyday just when the clouds are right and Duncan and Gary are good at seeding

I have done cloud seeding in TX, and I know how it works. But I did get paid better, including a per diem, and it was 5 years ago too.

But just because you have periods of inactivity, you still need to earn money, and you still have expenses. Needs such as rent and food, and to earn an income, do not lessen because storms are not around. Plus you will be paying ones own SSI withholding too as contract labor, so there is big hit.

3500 month that one guy mentioned as monthly contract labor was too much for this outfit to pay?? Yikes.

Latest resources

Back