• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know if how long you're in the system is relevant. I really don't know how they pick interviewees besides giving significant weight to internal rec's, which I think they mention on their website.

As far as the sim and interview, you do the sim in the morning and the interview a few hours later. They're are evaluated independently and I think results are given to the pilot recruiter the same or next day. It happens quick! In the past they interviewed you then brought you back later for the sim. Not the case now. He should be doing the interview the same day I would think.

Last edited:
Hi Pig,

Congradulations on your CAL position. After over twenty-one years, I can say you'll enjoy the airline........not because we have such a great reputation with our fellows......but because we really have a great bunch of employees and especially pilots! I'll look for you on the B756 in IAH!

Regards,
Fred

By the way!!

Looks like CAL will pickup the tempo......increasing from 12 per week to ??
15 or 60 per month!!

New hires are going (50%) straight to the EWR B756. Most of our European flying is out of EWR!!

Good Luck !

Fred

Airmike767 said:
By the way!!

Looks like CAL will pickup the tempo......increasing from 12 per week to ??
15 or 60 per month!!

New hires are going (50%) straight to the EWR B756. Most of our European flying is out of EWR!!

Good Luck !

Fred

Sweet-BUT, will most of these new hires come from Expressjet?

I know some of the recent interviews have been spread over a couple days, but mine is coming up next week and is an early AM sim with the panel right after. Some of my friends have gone this way and then called with the good news in just a few days. Just some useless trivia. Keeping my fingers crossed, I really miss the 757...

English said:
My friend was also hired this week. He had one internal recommendation. The rec was from another new hire.

Just one recommendation???!!! What gives? He must have had 10,000 hours and a Space Shuttle type!

Jiminy Christmas!

deleted.

Last edited:
Congrats! When is your class date? BTW, I heard that we are increasing the hiring based on the projected block hours for next year. I've been seeing ALOT of guys in suits around here lately. Also saw one of the ATA 757's over by the hangar today.

Fly

Latest resources

Back