• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah I know, I was there and they told me that my resume was very competitive and that internal recommendations would get me the call.....I'm still waiting....like everyone else, it is hard to wait for something you desire so much....good luck to everyone!!

Be a member of the gay pilots assoc. That helps.They just hired two of our openly gay male F/O's. Same class, starting sometime this month. Look for the guys from the same company. Well, I guess just another group with great networking power.

Cheers,
Marty

Hello Continental...??

I am a gay minority female with a handicap and three letters of recommendation, but only 250 total time and just got my commercial rating (after 3 tries...). Will you hire me please??

Continental: U HIRED!!!

Why does this sound familiar? Oh yea, UNITED!!

Some enterprising Continental Pilot should put his 'friendship' for sale on Ebay. Highest bidder gets his/her friendship and, therefore, recommendation for employment.

"...and the highest bidder, and new Continental F/O is..."

moychendizing. It's all about moychendizing

"I see your schwartz is as big as nime."

Suck it up!!!!!!!!!

Pilottodd2 said:
Hello Continental...??

I am a gay minority female with a handicap and three letters of recommendation, but only 250 total time and just got my commercial rating (after 3 tries...). Will you hire me please??

Imagine that out of the 100 pilots, the one gay minority female with a handicap took your slot. Obviously you were not competing with the other 100 guys just the one gay minority female. I can't believe you look that bad on paper that one gay minority female with a handicap was invited for an interview over you. If only you could have competed for a slot the other 100 pilots had.

Maybe, only maybe, should those that are so worried about how one or two minorities, women, gays, albinos, castrated pilots took their so called god given slot due to "look ma, look at my hours, I'm qualified", they might want to decide to worry about themselves and improve their resume, education, qualifications, network and stop making excuses about the next guy. Funny how those that get the interview or job don't seem to complain too much, weird ha!!!

Maybe if you concentrated more on you than how one in every 100 got your slot you might find something to help you get the interview. Nobody likes excuses, especially during an interview, there you go, something to study up on, how to take responsibility for your successes and failures.

I never have posted anything before, just take in all the info, but I can't stand reading all the whining. Not a personal attack, just telling it the way it is.

P.S. I haven't got a call yet either, so I guess I'll keep busting my ass to get one.

Pilottodd2 said:
Silly me. I thought humor was still a valid form of expression.

But when you start pointing at ethnicity and gender because your opportunity hasn't come, you have crossed the line! I wonder how you would have reacted 25 to 30 years ago when they weren't hiring the same qualified applicants of minority and gender. Maybe you feel that is okay??

Pilottodd2 said:
Hello Continental...??

Are you still bitter that Southwest didn't hire you?

Latest resources

Back