Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cpt Oveur

I had the fish for dinner
I heard rumors that Continental will have a special "Peter Max" paint scheme for their newest 777 in the fleet, just like aircraft 14 did. Are they trying to ensure an operating loss or is there some truth to this? I know the execs loved that paint job, FA too, but any validity to this?

Discuss

Oveur,

I can attest to this rumor. Heard the same thing in the training center a few weeks ago rumor when Larry was briefing the new hires. The first and last will be in the special celebratory scheme similar to the famed Max design. We can't wait to see it.

I heard rumors that Continental will have a special "Peter Max" paint scheme for their newest 777 in the fleet, just like aircraft 14 did. Are they trying to ensure an operating loss or is there some truth to this? I know the execs loved that paint job, FA too, but any validity to this?

Discuss

Nothing like good old fashioned wasted money. The original peter max 777 is hideous looking i cant believe someone got paid to "design" that! Oh well

I think we can get any 5 year old, pay them with a few jawbreakers and get the same quality painting.

I think we can get any 5 year old, pay them with a few jawbreakers and get the same quality painting.

Yeah, pretty sure my kid could paint that airplane. Then again, he likes to stick his hand down his diaper, come up with the mother-load, and say, "poo-poo.. POO-POO!!!! Hands GROSS!!!!"

And to think, all this time I was housing an NEA sponsored artist!!!

I'm all for painting planes with cool designs, but not another Peter plane. At least it wasn't as bad as the "Stone Mountain" plane at ASA. It looked like a huge zit that needed to be popped. I liked the Blue Bonnet plane though.......

A New Peter Max...

Let all of Airliners.net Rejoice. Somebody send them the message.

Latest resources

Back