Continental to get another "Peter Max" 777

Cpt Oveur

I had the fish for dinner
Total Time
time?
I heard rumors that Continental will have a special "Peter Max" paint scheme for their newest 777 in the fleet, just like aircraft 14 did. Are they trying to ensure an operating loss or is there some truth to this? I know the execs loved that paint job, FA too, but any validity to this?

Discuss

awacs94

Total Time
X
Oveur,

I can attest to this rumor. Heard the same thing in the training center a few weeks ago rumor when Larry was briefing the new hires. The first and last will be in the special celebratory scheme similar to the famed Max design. We can't wait to see it.

Superpilot92

LONGCALL KING
Total Time
Dunno?
I heard rumors that Continental will have a special "Peter Max" paint scheme for their newest 777 in the fleet, just like aircraft 14 did. Are they trying to ensure an operating loss or is there some truth to this? I know the execs loved that paint job, FA too, but any validity to this?

Discuss

Nothing like good old fashioned wasted money. The original peter max 777 is hideous looking i cant believe someone got paid to "design" that! Oh well

whatitdoing?

Are you awake? Good
Total Time
>9500
I think we can get any 5 year old, pay them with a few jawbreakers and get the same quality painting.

FmrFreightDog

Py-lote
Total Time
I think we can get any 5 year old, pay them with a few jawbreakers and get the same quality painting.

Yeah, pretty sure my kid could paint that airplane. Then again, he likes to stick his hand down his diaper, come up with the mother-load, and say, "poo-poo.. POO-POO!!!! Hands GROSS!!!!"

And to think, all this time I was housing an NEA sponsored artist!!!

flatspin7

TOGA!!!! TOGA!!!
Total Time
2 +1

Superpilot92

LONGCALL KING
Total Time
Dunno?

whatitdoing?

Are you awake? Good
Total Time
>9500
I'm all for painting planes with cool designs, but not another Peter plane. At least it wasn't as bad as the "Stone Mountain" plane at ASA. It looked like a huge zit that needed to be popped. I liked the Blue Bonnet plane though.......

SennaP1

Livin' the European Dream
Total Time
A New Peter Max...

Let all of Airliners.net Rejoice. Somebody send them the message.

SuperFLUF

lazy Mc Donald's pilot
Total Time
I think its just one-upsmanship with Southwest for the ugliest airliner in the sky. :D

We topped the brown & orange livery with the first Peter Max so Southwest came up with Purple & orange to outdo that. (canyon blue, whatever, its purple)
:puke:

So now we've go to outdo the purple with an even more grotesque peter max. :rolleyes:

I hoped that gaudiness had left with Gordo. I guess not?

dojetdriver

Total Time
I agree go retro!!

Thats probably how you like your women too.

At the MOST, I can go with the dorito chip/area rug, but prefer the high and tight or hard wood floor, no area rug.

You can save the "retro" for those classic 70's "training films".

Superpilot92

LONGCALL KING
Total Time
Dunno?
Thats probably how you like your women too.

At the MOST, I can go with the dorito chip/area rug, but prefer the high and tight or hard wood floor, no area rug.

You can save the "retro" for those classic 70's "training films".

Wait, you know better than that!! Did you see any hot chicks at the beach today wearing some hot shoes? LMAO :blush:

Last edited:

OPECJet

Total Time
You can call it the Peter Puffer when it's done.