Continental Ny/newark-shanghai Petition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FLY CONTINENTAL said:
Based on the latest push for this route both internally and externally I agree. Last weeks Voicemail said that over 6,000 signatures/letters from co-worker have been compiled. Seems as though no stone will go unturned just like efforts that were successful for both being awarded Buenos Aires and Beijing.

I thought we had over 42,000 employees? That doesn't sound like that good of a turnout to me. I hope it is enough.

Last edited:
I heard the company asked for SCOPE relief so that CoEx could fly the 787 international route. We are considering it if we can get crew meals!!!

Yeah 43,000 employees, and I am sure folks are printing the letter off www.coair.com and turning it in. Most of the folks I have flown with have. If we get 10,000 that's 10%. I know we had about 12,000 for Beijing and Buenos Aires. I know we have 13,500 folks in EWR alone.

Opening up the petition on www.continental.com will be a huge success. There is a big billboard in Chinatown in NYC.

FLY CONTINENTAL said:
Continental has applied for passenger service. Our flights out of Beijing returning to NY are usually restricted because of all the cargo. Good for NWA to get the cargo runs.

I think you are thinking of HKG. PEK can usually take everything.

Ex737Driver said:
Word today from the EWR LEC meeting is that CAL is still in the running for Shanghi but if not awarded, there are approximately 12 cities that CAL is working for international expansion most of which will be served with the 787.

Mumbai is slated as plan B. Yay.

Latest resources

Back