Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jayman

Get me a cup of coffee
Anyone else get hired for Continental that has information on the indoc and following classes...base assignments etc?

I'm in the 2 May class. No info on aircraft officially, but rumors are good mix of 737/757, with 757 generally going most senior and most junior. Almost all are EWR with occasional IAH that goes senior. First 2 weeks is indoc, then ground school and sim training next 6-7 weeks, followed by IOE.

TMAC

March classes are getting about a 60/40 blend of 737/757 respectively. IAH slots are actually being awarded in decent numbers. the rest go to EWR.

Interviews

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I was curious if anyone of you guys knew what is up as far as interviewing. I have heard that they may be done for a while since they want some of the check airmen to fly the line this summer. I was told I am on the short list, and was hoping to get a call sometime soon. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Dirk --

My sponsor said about the same thing, he was trying to sponsor someone else to get an interview and that person was told that it would be late summer/early fall before he got an interview. There are 2 classes in May instead of the 4/month they have been cranking out, which would also support the slow down idea. I've only been told that they were slowing down hiring this summer (don't have a number), and picking back up again in the fall. Hope that helps...good luck.

Interviews

When I was discussing my availability, the Pilot recruiting manager said they will slow over summer and should pick up int he fall. For interviews and sim eval...go to aviationinterviews.com...it's spot on. Does anyone know when CAL assigns a seniority number?

Palomino said:
March classes are getting about a 60/40 blend of 737/757 respectively. IAH slots are actually being awarded in decent numbers. the rest go to EWR.

Are new hires getting IAH? That's good news.

CLAMBAKE

pkober said:
Are new hires getting IAH? That's good news.

CLAMBAKE

5 of the 8 757 guys in my newhire class (and two in the following class, I believe) were awarded IAH before they were even done with initial training.

Probably a fluke, but it can be done.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back