Continental New Hires

RichardFitzwell

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2001
Posts
347
Total Time
7500
Congrats and Welcome to the July 5th class of 13 new hires at Continental. The class breakdown was as follows...

XJT - 3
USN - 2
ATA - 2
Comair - 1
AAE - 1
AAL - 1
Champion Air - 1
Atlas - 1
Corporate - 1

For those keeping track, their ages were from 28 to 43. The next class is scheduled for July 12th with 20 pilots aging from 30 to 47.

Good luck to all.
 

JetMonkey

It's ok, I speak Jive
Joined
May 20, 2004
Posts
582
Total Time
9000+
Remindeds me of Duke with the retirement numbers every month back when things were very very bad. Nice job.
 

Flyforyou

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Posts
137
Total Time
10000+
Richard,

Thanks for the info. Any idea of the aircraft breakdown for this class or future classes?

Fly
 

Ex737Driver

Contract 2020????
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Posts
1,240
Total Time
15000+
Who is AAE and AAL?

American Eagle and American Airlines.

July 5th class of 13 new hires at Continental

Just curious Richard............I thought we were hiring 20 a week not 13 or did I miss something? This could also be the fact that the unioncompany reported this info.

aircraft breakdown for this class or future classes

As for future hires...........vacancies too numerous to list on the EWR 737 and 757 as well as IAH 737. There were some vacancies on the CLE 737 and GUM 737 and 2 vacancies on the EWR 777 but the CLE and GUM 737 as well as the EWR 777 will be filled quickly. The big news is the number of early-out retirements; approximately 160 CA's have put paperwork in indicating a desire to retire early between now and AUG '06.
 

RichardFitzwell

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2001
Posts
347
Total Time
7500
Flyforyou said:
Richard,

Thanks for the info. Any idea of the aircraft breakdown for this class or future classes?

Fly

The entire July 5th class was awarded EWR B737.
 

RichardFitzwell

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2001
Posts
347
Total Time
7500
Ex737Driver said:
Just curious Richard............I thought we were hiring 20 a week not 13 or did I miss something? This could also be the fact that the unioncompany reported this info.

I think the 20 per week starts with the July 12th class.
 

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Posts
8,573
Total Time
7,000+
RichardFitzwell said:
The class breakdown was as follows...

XJT - 3
USN - 2
ATA - 2
Comair - 1
AAE - 1
AAL - 1
Champion Air - 1
Atlas - 1
Corporate - 1
I don't have a pony in this race, but I was just curious to know a couple of things.

Who's Champion Air?

Is XJT a Continental carrier?

Corporate? Do you mean Part 91 corporate or Corporate Air the 121 Carrier?
 

RichardFitzwell

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 28, 2001
Posts
347
Total Time
7500
FN FAL said:
I don't have a pony in this race, but I was just curious to know a couple of things.

Who's Champion Air?

Is XJT a Continental carrier?

Corporate? Do you mean Part 91 corporate or Corporate Air the 121 Carrier?

Champion Air is a charter company flying B727-200's. XJT is ExpressJet (Continental Express). I'm not sure about the Corporate pilot.
 
Top