• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental New Hire Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is what I was told by one of your 777 capts on our jumpseat recently. He said there was alot of deadheading on the Tokyo and Narita flights. Under the new contract you are paid 50% deadhead, no? Simply what I was told, if it's incorrect, then I appologize.

box :D

Now that'sthe deal braker!! Gotta tell everybody tostay at XJT!!

I never said that was a dealbreaker to go to CAL. This was in response to t he observation that people were holding the 777 out of class, and is possibly part of the reason there are IRO vacancies on the plane. As you were.

box

boxjockey said:
I never said that was a dealbreaker to go to CAL. This was in response to t he observation that people were holding the 777 out of class, and is possibly part of the reason there are IRO vacancies on the plane. As you were.

box

As you are.

Does anyone know how many LOR's is enough to get an interview?

boxjockey said:
This is what I was told by one of your 777 capts on our jumpseat recently. He said there was alot of deadheading on the Tokyo and Narita flights. Under the new contract you are paid 50% deadhead, no? Simply what I was told, if it's incorrect, then I appologize.

box :D

Not exactly sure who you had on the jumpseat, but NRT are the Tokyo flights. There is no deadheading on those flights out of EWR. They require 4 pilots at least out of EWR. 1 captain and 3 First officers. The IAH flight to NRT does have 1 of the 3 first officers dead heading back on the pairing.

Last edited:
Well, he was IAH based, so maybe that's what he was talking about. Not sure why he was complaining then, since he is a capt. He indicated that he made 20-30 hours of deadhead per month on the 777. Just what he said, don't shoot the messenger.

box

Latest resources

Back