Continental Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

55driver

Do you guys take any 121 carrier as long as there is space available in the back of the plane? Just Curious?

Or do we have to have a reciprocal js agreement?

Thanks

Also note, Continental only takes as many jumpseaters as they have jumpseats! In other words, only count on one. Some 737 have two (but not too many), as does the 757, 767, 777. However, # jumpseats on aircraft = # of jumpseaters.

However, ExpressJet (Continental Express) will take as many jumpseaters as we have empty seats - weight permitting.

Once again however, we have 5 airplane types (despite corporate saying otherwise). We have the

135 - ER
135 - LR
145 - ER
145 - LR
145 - XR

This is significant in that by rare chance that the flight you're trying to get on is a 145 - ER (we have 23 in the fleet), due to our new PAX and baggage weights, we exceed Zero Fuel Weight when we have 50 people and their bags.

In other words, we will have to start blocking upto 5 seats and bump revanue PAX and their bags (not to mention jumpseaters) depending upon to number of bags.

If the number of checked bags is low, we can take everybody. However, if they each have a suitcase (go figure I know) we can't take them.

Hope this all helps. If the Captain says he can't take you becasue of the weight, it's not because he/she is being an a$$, it's just with our new W/B we can't anymore. Before we used to use to be able to use the old addage," Measure with a micronometer, mark with chalk, and cut with an ax." However, not anymore.

Last edited:
ERJ - Jay said:
Also note, Continental only takes as many jumpseaters as they have jumpseats! In other words, one.

Almost correct. Many airplanes, 767, 757, 777 and some 737's have 2.

Please people, don't take your frustrations out on us as this is a company policy that we have NO control over. And to the UAL pilot who was giving me a ration of crap about this in Ireland last month...............the JS is a priviledge, not a god given right.

Also, be aware that some Int'l. flights require an IRO so plan accordingly.

Last edited:
I personally want to thank all Continential pilot's who helped me back and forth to work from EWR to our bases around the system at Eagle. I always found every Continental pilot professional and helping me with my gear almost every flight. I to this day make sure that ANY Continential pilot who jumpseats with us to have their bags and "seat" taken care of. Thanks again CAL pilots.

P.S. I don't want to forget the CoEX guys either but I have never had the chance to jumpseat but I have heard you guys are very generous to Eagle guys as well. Thanks again!

Fly Safe

My Thanks to all the CoEx guys taking me to and from work in STL you guys never let me down also you traet me right not like those AA guys

Latest resources

Back