Continental interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
me too or three!!!! :)

I too was called for an interview in August... Looks good, but I am in the same shape that the other guy in the forum is... I will take a major pay cut to come over and will have to weigh that considerably... Are there any others out there that are having the same feeling about leaving there current job or the like to go over to cal?

Last edited:
CAL news -- does this have anyone concerned?

Continental concerned about paying debt after next year

HOUSTON Continental Airlines officials say the carrier they might not have enough cash to pay for its operations and debt after next year.

The Houston-based airline has to pay 4-hundred-and-23 (m) million in long-term debt by the end of this year, 5-hundred-and-34 (m) million next year and 9-hundred-and-45 (m) million in 2-thousand-7.

A large share of the debt is connected to aircraft deals and employee pension obligations.

The airline also cited increasing fuel prices as one reason for its money problems.

But airline consultant Mike Boyd said debt deals do get negotiated and that the debt is not any indication of doom and gloom.

Executives with Continental stressed that more cost-cutting will be needed to stay competitive with low-cost rivals.

In late March, Continental reached pay and benefit cut agreements with its largest unions except the airline's nine-thousand flight attendants.

The airline said the concessions from its employees as well as 1-point-1 (b) billion in savings and revenue enhancements it has already made are needed to bring the carrier back to profitability.

___

And people are still flocking to CAL for interviews????

For what, so you can be the first to get furloughed?? You couldn't pay me to go there right now. They're not out of the woods yet.

For those that have filled out the CAL online application: just curious, does CAL uses a military conversion factor like several other carriers?

Thanks in advance and best of luck to those with interviews. No CAL is not in VMC yet, but think of the legacy carriers they stand the best chance to break out in the long term.

ductleak said:
Continental concerned about paying debt after next year

HOUSTON Continental Airlines officials say the carrier they might not have enough cash to pay for its operations and debt after next year.

Yep, CAL isn't quite out of the woods just yet... but there's a history of the company "negotiating" thru news releases and press reports. We heard tons of this stuff when we were going thru negotiations and voting on our concessionary contract a few months ago. And the flight attendants contract negotiations are still up in the air... perhaps some of this doom and gloom bad news is meant to push the wavering F/As to vote in the right (i.e. company's) direction? Then again, I could just be talking out of my ass...

ETOPS-7E7 said:
There is no secret. Had three internal recommendations.
Best of luck to all.

7E7,

Congrats. Thanks for the info. I guess your three recomendations trump my one. Keep us posted how the interview goes. Best of luck.

if they use a conversion, they don't publicize it. just put in the raw numbers, and airapps takes care of it. a few squadron buddies have gotten called. i think an internal ref speeds up the proccess.

If memory serves me correctly, when you get to the flight hours part, they ask for hours and they ask for sorties. I think the air apps program does some conversions. It was pretty straight forward.

Latest resources

Back