Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ETOPS-787

Hello everyone;

Got the call yesterday and have an interview in August and NEED some information and tips.

Many thanks in advance.

ETOPS,

Not that many people on the board here have gotten call - if any!

Just curious, what's your time? Did you know someone?

that's awesome, good luck at the interview.

Also curious if you knew anyone, etc.?

It seems the people being called right now have some great contacts.

Thanks

To be honest i'm not too happy about the salary they are offering (28k first year)and NO medical Ins. for six months. I do have a family.

I have to think twice before accepting the job offer. I am on 90k salary with great benefits and that going to be a huge cut for me.

ETOPS-7E7 said:
To be honest i'm not too happy about the salary they are offering (28k first year)and NO medical Ins. for six months. I do have a family.

I have to think twice before accepting the job offer. I am on 90k salary with great benefits and that going to be a huge cut for me.

Um....then why are you going ???

With CAL new and improved contract rates it would take you 3 full years probally not until you start the 4th year before you would get back to 90k a year if that even and no health care for the 1st months???? i thought by law an employer must offer health care for any full time employee. does CAL offer benefits to rampers and FA with in the 1st 30 days??? the growth for the majors is going at the regional still in the long run

I really really want to work for CAL, but that first year pay is going to be really tough (as in I will have to take out a home equity line of credit just to survive and pay COBRA for 6 months.)

I think the LCC's treat their newhires a lot better (insurance after first month and higher starting pay.)

I'd be interested to know if the FA's, mechanics, gate agents, accountants, janitors ... have to wait 6 months for insurance.

7E7

We're all still wondering what your secret is? Internal recommendations, job fair, dashing good looks. What gives? Seriously, there are lots of us waiting for an opportunity despite the poor starting pay. So how did you get the call?

Latest resources

Back