Continental Goin' Ons

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RichardFitzwell

The latest August 23rd class breakdown was posted in another thread but here it is again with some additional rumors and facts in the mix. Twelve new hires aging from 26 to 40 started on August 23rd. All were awarded the B737 in EWR. They came from...

Southern Air
XJT (2)
USAF
AAE
AirTran
USN
ATA
ANG
ACA
Shuttle America
ASA

The next class of twelve will start on August 30th. They will all go to EWR. Starting in September, classes will increase from 12/week to 16/week. Approval has been granted to hire 500 more pilots by April 2006. The next bid will be out in September with a rumored 170 Captain positions. Continental may be getting the additional 4 B757s from ATA. Eight have currently been acquired through Boeing. Also, Continental's jumpseat policy will change next month. We will take as many off-line jumpseaters as open seats in the back.

The training department is getting up to speed and things are looking very positive for Continental. Good luck to all that have applied.

Can't wait! Start class on 9/13. Saw one of our former ATA 757-300's on the ramp at IAH, the rest shold be coming soon.

You're in the Sept 13th class? The entire 13th class will be on the B777 in EWR. Congrats Forged!

Kidding. :D Couldn't resist. Welcome anyway.

RF,

Thanks for the info., it is appreciated. Do you know if there will be a class on the 6th of Sept.?

I heard they might all get the 757?

thanks

Ouch, that hurt!!!!!!!! LOL

I'm hoping to get back to the 757, but as the saying goes, "I'm happy to be here"...

Wonderful, the one f'in airline I'd like to work for is hiring into the one base I'd like to be based at and can't get them to call for the life of me. On top of that it looks like the first round of furlough notices will go out the second or third week in Sept. for us MDA guys. Anyway enough of my rant, congrats to the guys getting on and if you want to trade I'd love to be based at EWR.

Last edited:
RichardFitzwell said:
The latest August 23rd class breakdown was posted in another thread but here it is again with some additional rumors and facts in the mix. Twelve new hires aging from 26 to 40 started on August 23rd. All were awarded the B737 in EWR. They came from...

Southern Air
XJT (2)
USAF
AAE
AirTran
USN
ATA
ANG
ACA
Shuttle America
ASA

I guess we don't have to start a thread called,

"Airtran or CAL?"

BID said:
RF,

Thanks for the info., it is appreciated. Do you know if there will be a class on the 6th of Sept.?

I heard they might all get the 757?

thanks

Yes, as far as I know. I also heard a future class will be all B757 but I don't know the date of the class.

Latest resources

Back