Continental FA strike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Captain Overs said:
Ya, ask them how the strike is working for them. No job at the moment and the company not looking like it cares too much either.

Yeah....

I wonder who's fault that is. If the worthless alpa "brothers" would have stayed united then thing might look different for them now huh? I guess UNITY is dead at alpo and its a free for all..... don't worry they got theirs, but it aint over by a long shot......they'll be back for more.

Doug Parker said:
.- they will all roll over and take it in the Poop Chute -

I thought we were talking about a possible strike at CAL by the F/As not what happened on an overnight?:beer:

If the NWA mechanics or any other union used a CHAOS or smart strike strategy, or a rolling random strike short duration strategy like they do in Europe all the time they probably would be successful. Can't be replaced in you only strike for very short durations and then return to work and threaten again in several weeks. Legal and a smart strategy that would probably work in today's environment.

Patriot328 said:
Company is in negotiations with them for concessions. They have one more meeting scheduled and then the NMB said they will start the 30 day cooling off period. The whole imposed work rules/self help would be a possibility in early Jan.

Funny how in good economic times when labor is fighting for fair and equitable wages and working conditions movement though the RLA process takes several years however when the company wants things to move briskly to take away it happens at a rapid pace.

mule said:
Lately has anyone gained anything from a union??????

Only a military guy would say that. I can tell you about a ton of pay and benefits I lost by not having a union. It's real nice, you get a memo that says "everyone's pay will be cut effective now". A week later you get another memo stating your benefits are being cut. Than at the end of the quarter you notice in the company earnings report the president, VP, CFO, and a couple others all got pay raises on top of the cool Mil they already make.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back