Continental Express?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

captnmayday

Just curious about their hiring ... have they called all furloghed pilots back yet? any roll back from the mainline to the express or would they hire off the street?

read through this forum, there's plenty written already about xjet.

but, yes, all furloughs have been recalled, and hiring off the street has started. check out their website, as the initial process is all online.

I have friends at COEX and they seem to be pretty optimistic about the future, after they get their next contract that is. I would tell any pilot looking at the regionals to try COEX first. The only downside I can see is the lack of "friendly" bases to live at. There are other regionals that have nicer domiciles, but I think COEX has the best route structure and the best variety of flying. They only have ERJs, and maybe they will get 70 seaters someday is CAL approves. Good luck.

Bye Bye--General Lee;)

Make sure you hold onto the paragraph they tell you do print out(online application). If you can't read it to them over the phone, the interview is a no go. Why on earth they do this is beyone me. I guess they are testing your airline captain voice, or maybe to see if you can read english? Also make sure you check no if it is acceptable if you have to throw bags, and not being paid during training.

When is the new contract due to come out and when is it to go into effect? Also what are some of the issues the new contract addresses ie: pay during training, pay itself, ect.

the new contract addresses all the issues.. pay, training, scheduling, scope, retirement, etc. not going to put out specifics here yet, though. negotiations are ongoing, and almost all the sections have been closed. anybody's guess when we'll see a TA. sooner rather than later, though, from what i'm hearing. probably see one by mid to late spring. then of course, the real games will start.. the new contract, after ratified, will be in effect immediately. that can be as early as spring, or never. xjet pilots seem to be pretty together on this contract, so if the first ta sucks, you can bet it will be much later than spring/summer before a new one comes into play.

CUEBOAT said:
Make sure you hold onto the paragraph they tell you do print out(online application). If you can't read it to them over the phone, the interview is a no go. Why on earth they do this is beyone me. I guess they are testing your airline captain voice, or maybe to see if you can read english? Also make sure you check no if it is acceptable if you have to throw bags, and not being paid during training.

Actually, I printed the quote out, but left mine at home the day that they called. When she asked me to read it, I told her that I left it at home, and she just said pick up something next to me and read that instead.

After doing this she said that I had passed that stage of the interview. I also asked how I did & she said I did fine. I also did not get a letter saying thanks but no thanks like some others did.

CUEBOAT said:

What happens if you check yes to this.

By the way, do they pay during training?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back