• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Continental Express Jumpseat

johnny taliban

Total Time
enough
Hello guys/gals,

I am trying to jumpseat down to Ixtapa, Mexico in May (Cabo). Does Express accept international jumpseaters? If so, what is the process? Do I need to list or just show up at the gate?

thanks,

Johnny

Mookie

luckiest man alive
Total Time
Ixtapa isn't anywhere near Cabo....but (my opinion) it's much nicer....

Mookie

johnny taliban

Total Time
enough
Oh okay,

I thought that if was near Cabo. Either way, just trying to get some info.

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time
I would think that with a name like Johnny Taliban they may deny you the international jumpseat!

Booker

The Ladies Man
Total Time
Sorry for the bad news, but the last memo I saw reiterated that OAL international jumpseaters are not permitted.

rjacobs

You Still Suck
Total Time
Not permitted in the cockpit, but should be permitted in the back. Email your JS coordinator and ask him to email ours and make sure.

Booker

The Ladies Man
Total Time
Not permitted in the cockpit, but should be permitted in the back.

My bad if that's the case, then. However, the emails I have state that OAL pilots "must utilize established pass travel agreements." :confused:

rjacobs

You Still Suck
Total Time
Yea I just read the blastmail about it again and it does say that stuff about OAL. I think though that it is only talking about the actual jump seat and not a seat in the back, because if they person has a seat in the back then they are on the manifest. CAL people can JS on us internationally in the back, they always have been able to, just not up front, so I am guessing that this guy should be able to do the same. The whole thing is confusing, thats why I recommended him to email his JS coordinator and then they could get in touch with our JS coordinator.

johnny taliban

Total Time
enough
thanks guys,

I will get in touch with my jumpseat guru and see what he says

Booker

The Ladies Man
Total Time
Yea I just read the blastmail about it again and it does say that stuff about OAL. I think though that it is only talking about the actual jump seat and not a seat in the back, because if they person has a seat in the back then they are on the manifest.

Yeah, just another communique meant to clear things up that only confuses me more. :) I agree with the good call on contacting the JSC for the straight scoop.