Continental December 7th

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nimtz said:
Sadly a forgetten day by 90% of our population.

Pathetic, but probably true.

And yes I know it was "infamy" that FDR said in 1941. Blasphemy was just a joke. Because anyone hired by any airline today (not speciically CAL) will at some point be cursing god for one reason or another.

K. Marx said:
Pathetic, but probably true.

And yes I know it was "infamy" that FDR said in 1941. Blasphemy was just a joke. Because anyone hired by any airline today (not speciically CAL) will at some point be cursing god for one reason or another.

I thought it was funny.

Reebo said:
It's an OBAP job fair....the spring when WIA will have their conference.

Maybe airlines should just hire people based on their qualifications and experience instead of holding special events for woman and other minorities. I know, I know, what a crazy thought in today's America.

PCL_128 said:
Maybe airlines should just hire people based on their qualifications and experience instead of holding special events for woman and other minorities. I know, I know, what a crazy thought in today's America.
Too bad they didn't do that just a few years ago. If they had done that all along, we wouldn't be having this conversation, now would we? You don't know of any black, hispanic, or woman retired airline pilot in their 70s. The reason is because they wouldn't hire them back when they were hiring everyone else. Lets not start singing some song about how we are all being mistreated because the less than 1% of qualified pilot applicants that are minorities are getting interviews. Blame your dad and your grandfather.

By the way, I am no fan of preferential hiring practices, but it is what it is; those people did not have the same opprotunities as the rest of us did up until the 80s (UAL Lawsuit). The person beating you out of a job is a white male that is more qualified than you; the minorities are not even in the same hiring pool. Once again, had the hiring been fair all along, this would not be an issue.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back