Continental and Jet Blue Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CommuterHell

Does anyone know when these companies will be interviewing in October. In addition, are there any good interview preps for these companies?

CommuterHell said:
Does anyone know when these companies will be interviewing in October. In addition, are there any good interview preps for these companies?

I think JB will be interviewing in September and November.

Cheers!

GP

CommuterHell said:

Can't give you specific dates in October but pretty much every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday....for CAL

Saw this in AW&ST the other day. Any chance JBLU's gonna start looking down on hiring furloughs from other majors?

Airline Outlook
Pilots in Demand

Aviation Week & Space Technology
08/22/2005, page 19

Continental Airlines is on a pilot hiring spree, topping the list of seven of the 15 U.S. major carriers that have added to crewmember ranks this summer. Continental hired 60 pilots in July and plans to hire an additional 60 this month, 44 in September and eight per week thereafter, based on a recent survey by FLTops.com, the pilot career web site. Two pilots recently recalled by Continental came from JetBlue Airways, which hired 32 pilots in July and plans to add 58 in August. Other carriers that are in the hiring mode are AirTran, FedEx, Southwest, UPS and Alaska.

Rogue5 said:
Saw this in AW&ST the other day. Any chance JBLU's gonna start looking down on hiring furloughs from other majors?

You make it sound like that is the only way you could get a job with JetBlue.

Honestly? No.

I just thought it was an interesting turn of events whereby for a few years now the LCCs have been the Holy Grail of jobs to land, primarily due to perceived growth and stability (whatever that means in this industry), and frankly, because they were the only ones that were hiring. Now that one of the traditional Legacy carriers is hiring as stongly JBLU pilots appear willing to jump ship.

I'm not trying to talk down at all to jetBlue: my app is in and I'd love a chance to fly there for the simple reasons that they appear to be a well run company with better pay than my current employeer. I'm just wondering if when this industry does begin to turn a corner if you will begin to see more pilots leaving the LCCs as the Legacys begin to retake their place as ultimate career destination...

Probably not... the guys I knew who went to jetblue were young and were furloughed after only being hired at cal for a couple of months. After an upgrade at jetblue, what's to look forward to for the next twenty years? More airbus flying?

At least cal has got bigger equipment and better flying as your seniority accrues...

CAL is the only legacy airline hiring and will be the only one to hire for years to come. With NWA asking their pilots to furlough an additonal 1100, DL about to enter BK, AA with their 3,000 on the street, UAL with their 2200, and the bloodbath that's about to ensue at AWA-USAir, I think it's safe to say there will be no "corner" turned around anytime soon.

And let's not even bring up the price of fuel.

Latest resources

Back