Continental Actually furoughs.. this sucks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are WAY messed up. Two major problems with this post:

1. You are a professional pilot at a MAJOR airline. One that flies big planes. Lots of people. You have spent years and thousands of $$$ on your education. And your response when you lose your job is, basically, "well this job is so bad and we don't make anything that it's easily replaceable doing anything in life." That's messed up.

2. You don't want to sit reserve for 2 years? Boo-hoo! Waaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Perhaps you are right, maybe I should call my MEC and beg them to give the company the scope relief they are asking for so that I can keep my job.??? Is that what you are advocating? Is that the new XJT way of doing business? I would much rather take my furlough than have my already poor contract diluted even further. Big picture here JR, that's what this is about.

As for me sitting reserve, my new gig is 4 days a week, pays more and I can drive to work. Tough choice huh? Tell you what, you sit reserve for me and give me a shout on Sunday, I'll be at home on the couch.

I was a Captain at XJT before you were a CFI. I have been there done that. I have the financial ability to withstand this furlough from the comfort of my living room and thats what I intend to do. I'll take the Pepsi challenge against your QOL for the next year or so while JR and the boys try to salvage this mess they've created. Good luck.

What culture?

The culture that picks up as much 150% pay as possible with guys being furloughed?

The culture that keeps the airline more short staffed than any other?

The culture that broke the strike?

The culture that flys without rigs?

Ahhhh, there it is. The voice of reason. You bring up the very things we have been trying to get rid of here. A culture is not changed overnight. We have gone from a scab airline that with a me first mentality to one that is just about at the crux of a complete makeover. We still have a small number of worthless pilots who still continue with the the same me only attitude but after the turnaround in 1994 (GB was only the tip of the spear), we are on the eve of realizing a unified pilot group. Those who will not join will be left on the sidelines. Continental is no longer you fathers scab airline. There are still weak links in the chain but as recent events have shown, we are no longer going to simply accept anything that is put in front of us.

For your "Understanding"
It never mentioned United by name! First NO
It would allow a revenue sharing between any DOMESTIC carrier on International flights, no matter size of aircraft! Second NO

Motch-

Trying to make sure everyone knows all the FACTS before making a decision!

It would be nice if the facts were presented to us by our representation.

You are WAY messed up. Two major problems with this post:

1. You are a professional pilot at a MAJOR airline. One that flies big planes. Lots of people. You have spent years and thousands of $$$ on your education. And your response when you lose your job is, basically, "well this job is so bad and we don't make anything that it's easily replaceable doing anything in life." That's messed up.

2. You don't want to sit reserve for 2 years? Boo-hoo! Waaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

ooohhh!!! Big planes with lots of people!

But that's not all...The new jets are sparkly and they can talk...they have pictures that move around the screen...lots of pretty colorful lights that even flash sometimes AND they can go really really fast!!!

I feel sooooo guilty I even get a pay check.

Last edited:
In no particular order;

1. Watching football
2. Call of Duty
3. Whatever I want

Wait a minute - you took exception to my post that suggested that you don't care about being furloughed or the profession . . . and then your plan is to sit at home and watch tv and play video games? What are you, like, 20 years old?

Bet on it. Mgmt wants this bad and will continue to come back to the union and this pilot group until it gets what it wants or completely destroys the culture that has been built here over the last 14 years.

What culture? Would that be we will bend over anytime management asks?

Latest resources

Back