• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Consequences for delaying a flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JESUS, I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START. I'VE NEVER SEEN SO MANY LIMP-D1CKED, PANTY-WEARING AIRLINE PILOTS ON ONE THREAD.

Here's a novel concept: You be in charge when you check in and alleviate some of the decision making from those overworked, $7.00/hr high school grads.

Dude, that was harsh. Don't know who is running your dispatch, but we got some good people at SWA. We have highly paid people that aren't even dispatchers who watch connections all day. I got some good buddies over in dispatch that have degrees "who make 7 dollars an hour" that are cooler than most of the guys I have ever flown with.

"I always like hearing the few ops guys who think they actually know how to run an airline. For every example you give, I can cite 10 where SOC and crew scheduling get together and totally screw things up".[/quote]

Well 10 for every 1 seems alittle extreme...if that was the case I think we wouldn't be anywhere close to where we are now....but I agree with your statement about a few ops guys thinking they know everything...that's why I stay away from their shift! It's kinda funny how the groups mix...pilots thinking they see the big picture all the time and SOC/OPS thinking they know how to run everything. I told a buddy of mine(FL pilot) to come up on one of his 15 days off a month and earn some extra cash....he laughed and said "I don't know wanta talk to this winey pilots all day":nuts:

But seriously it can start turning into a pissing contest on certain days especially when the higher ups start getting phone calls and then call in...blah blah blah...it gets old sometimes..that's why the "other" tower is where I normally am.

Last edited:
Hey, crashpad, I was making a comment on the culture at AA.

I was a TWA capt. for 3 1/2 years prior to being laid off. I don't have to justify how I ran my cockpit to ANYONE--especially some dip$hit on a message board. TC

P.S.--Thanks swa737. You get it.

I wonder sometimes.

was flying back from DEN to IAH, had (cant remember exactly) like 8 pax connecting to Buenos Aires(sp?). We were running late so we sent several ACARS msgs updating our progress and asking what gate, was flight gonna hold. Get to IAH, watched the BA flt push off the gate as we pulled into ours, two gates down.

I would wondered why they didnt wait considering we dont go to BA every hour. Felt bad for the pax, it wasnt their fault.

I wonder sometimes.

was flying back from DEN to IAH, had (cant remember exactly) like 8 pax connecting to Buenos Aires(sp?). We were running late so we sent several ACARS msgs updating our progress and asking what gate, was flight gonna hold. Get to IAH, watched the BA flt push off the gate as we pulled into ours, two gates down.

I would wondered why they didnt wait considering we dont go to BA every hour. Felt bad for the pax, it wasnt their fault.
Yeah, I remember when I was hired at CAL, they told us that the Captain had the authority to hold the flight if he saw in the flight plan he/she would make up the time enroute. Problem is, the flight crew of the outbound flight almost never knows if there are runners. Also, the culture seems to have changed since that time. It really iritates me when the gate agents want to close 5 or 10 early, even with connecting pax.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back