Consequences for delaying a flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shon7

At your airline what is the consequence for delaying a flight? Say you know that there will be 10 passengers connecting to your flight and dispatch/SOC to make an ontime departure won't let you hold for 5 minutes so these passengers can connect. You know your flight plan has you getting into your destination 30 early so you hold for the passengers by not allowing the door to be closed?

Can the company really do anything in this case?

You don't own that plane, the taxpayers do! Good for you for wanting to help out the pax, but if the company says go...you go. Maybe they have a compelling reason you don't know about to get going. If you stick your neck out and delay a flight for a non safety-related reason don't be surprised if it gets cut off.

You don't own that plane, the taxpayers do! Good for you for wanting to help out the pax, but if the company says go...you go. Maybe they have a compelling reason you don't know about to get going. If you stick your neck out and delay a flight for a non safety-related reason don't be surprised if it gets cut off.

The taxpayers?

AK

Taxpayers? WTF r u talkin' bout? Bouyyyyyyyy.... you is smokin' crak...

At your airline what is the consequence for delaying a flight? Say you know that there will be 10 passengers connecting to your flight and dispatch/SOC to make an ontime departure won't let you hold for 5 minutes so these passengers can connect. You know your flight plan has you getting into your destination 30 early so you hold for the passengers by not allowing the door to be closed?

Consequences? My carrier post "Crew Delay" on most delayed flights and nothing is said to the crews. I guess they don't have a "Incompetent Management" code.

It's happened to me. I've had many gate agents, "********************ting little bricks", to get a flight out on time. Nevermind that PAYING pax were moments away from the door.
I have always waited. I have never done a "carpet dance". We are here to move those people. They PAID to be moved. What is the big deal? Nobody's bleeding...

At AA, you don't control the airplane until the door is closed (and most of the time, Dispatch thinks you NEVER control the airplane). TC

P.S.--Although that mentality may be changing. They're getting tired of being led around by the d1cks by groudpounders.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back