Conscientious Objector

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez,

You do understand that although you sympathize with all of these terrorist regimes (past, present and future) and believe we should negotiate with them they would rather wrap you in an orange jump suit and cut your head off on TV right?

You can hug and hold and cuddle with all of the islamic radicals that you want but at the end of the day, you are an infidel and they want you dead, and while you sit at talks and try and negotiate, they ARE plotting your destruction, my destruction, our families destruction, and our country's destruction.

As for the comments of the young pilot concering the airlines . . . . .I think its been proven time and time again. Dont ask a soldier a question that you dont want a straight answer for. . .90% of our country completely understood his response and probably wished he had been in the air on September 11th. . . .
cheers

-bags

You do understand that although you sympathize with all of these terrorist regimes (past, present and future) and believe we should negotiate with them they would rather wrap you in an orange jump suit and cut your head off on TV right?

What the Hell are you talking about? This is the problem with you people... If someone isn't calling for "sand to glass" then you think its hug a terrorist day.

I am not talking about them... I am talking about us. Martin Luther wasn't blashpemous (sp) he was just calling BS on the church and its ways.

You can hug and hold and cuddle with all of the islamic radicals that you want but at the end of the day, you are an infidel and they want you dead, and while you sit at talks and try and negotiate, they ARE plotting your destruction, my destruction, our families destruction, and our country's destruction.

Agreed. I don't want to hug anyone. I support the defense of this country and our ways... and if need be I am willing to kill. However, I am not willing to celebrate death. or go on the news and say I'd kill.

I am also willing to see if there are other ways to solve the problems so we don't have to kill. and if that includes changing the way we do business I am willing to consider. Killing isn't always the only way.

As for the comments of the young pilot concering the airlines . . . . .I think its been proven time and time again. Dont ask a soldier a question that you dont want a straight answer for. . .90% of our country completely understood his response and probably wished he had been in the air on September 11th. . . .
cheers

Again... I agree. We all knew that fighter guys flying CAP would should down an airliner if needed. We all know he'd follow orders and he wouldn't like it. So why do we need a fighter pilot in full gear doing a pre-flight telling us what we already know? This guy was a foot solider not General or high up politican.

It is pretty amazing the US jets were flying CAP over US cities. The media was going nuts and squadron PR officers were doing allot. It was a crazy time. I don't think the military PR machine was perfect then. Maybe you do....???

Last edited:
Agreed. I don't want to hug anyone. I support the defense of this country and our ways... and if need be I am willing to kill.

Again... I agree. We all knew that fighter guys flying CAP would should down an airliner if needed. We all know he'd follow orders and he wouldn't like it. So why do we need a fighter pilot in full gear doing a pre-flight telling us what we already know? This guy was a foot solider not General or high up politican.

No you are not willing to kill, you are willing to sit on your a$$ and let someone else do it for you while you wait to Monday morning quarterback the operation after it is over.

Why do we need to see the pilot on CNN? Because the guy who is sitting at home contemplating whether it is a good idea to go out and run another plane into a building needs to see what is waiting for him. He doesn't need to see saber rattling from some politician or General giving a press conference.

What the Hell are you talking about? This is the problem with you people... If someone isn't calling for "sand to glass" then you think its hug a terrorist day.

I am not talking about them... I am talking about us. Martin Luther wasn't blashpemous (sp) he was just calling BS on the church and its ways.

Agreed. I don't want to hug anyone. I support the defense of this country and our ways... and if need be I am willing to kill. However, I am not willing to celebrate death. or go on the news and say I'd kill.

I am also willing to see if there are other ways to solve the problems so we don't have to kill. and if that includes changing the way we do business I am willing to consider. Killing isn't always the only way.

It is pretty amazing the US jets were flying CAP over US cities. The media was going nuts and squadron PR officers were doing allot. It was a crazy time. I don't think the military PR machine was perfect then. Maybe you do....???

Problem with us? dude you came onto to the military message board and implied that heartless fighter guys would shoot down airliners just to "score a kill"

Diplomacy works well with other governments (I'm sure east germans and most of the former soviet union would argue that we haven't pissed everyone off in the last 50 years). . Diplomacy does not work at all against terrorism. . . . . converting them to grainular pink mist is fairly effective though. .

Military PR has always been sketchy at best. Dont ask a fighter dude, pre-flighting his jet, fangs hanging out, getting ready to fly a sortie in defense of his country if he is willing to kill. . . . .Thats like asking a whore on the corner if shes willing to screw. .

Last edited:
No you are not willing to kill, you are willing to sit on your a$$ and let someone else do it for you while you wait to Monday morning quarterback the operation after it is over.

Again... you seem to want to debate something that is not on the table....

The debate is about going on national news and discussing shooting down a US Airliner....

Why do we need to see the pilot on CNN? Because the guy who is sitting at home contemplating whether it is a good idea to go out and run another plane into a building needs to see what is waiting for him.

ok.....maybe.... I didn't realize the press was doing for that reason... but...ok... maybe they are working with the gov't.

He doesn't need to see saber rattling from some politician or General giving a press conference.

Why? What were all the press conferences during the Iraq war all about from Generals?

Problem with us? dude you came onto to the military message board and implied that heartless fighter guys would shoot down airliners just to "score a kill"

To be honest, I don't check what board I am on.... I click new posts... I didn't realize the MIL board was for Special people.... if you want to descretely chat it up with your fellow MIL pilots then get a password protected board or go to the O'Club... this is a public board..

I didn't imply that he was heartless, just not press savvy. Simply put the press won that one.... I'm sure he's a great pilot and does allot etc... but I don't think he had allot of press training...

Any one who critiques the MIL guys gets the "shock and awe" treatment. You guys can't take it. And you use "terrorist loving and huggin" comments, treason and ultra liberal, etc.... Which says there is no room for discussion, its one way or the highway...

Its really all about the attitude...

Diplomacy works well with other governments (I'm sure east germans and most of the former soviet union would argue that we haven't pissed everyone off in the last 50 years). . Diplomacy does not work at all against terrorism. . . . . converting them to grainular pink mist is fairly effective though. .

Then suit up and go drop bombs...

Military PR has always been sketchy at best. Dont ask a fighter dude, pre-flighting his jet, fangs hanging out, getting ready to fly a sortie in defense of his country if he is willing to kill. . . . .Thats like asking a whore on the corner if shes willing to screw. .

Agreed!

Any one who critiques the MIL guys gets the "shock and awe" treatment. You guys can't take it. And you use "terrorist loving and huggin" comments, treason and ultra liberal, etc.... Which says there is no room for discussion, its one way or the highway...

You didn't critique, disagree, or discuss. You threw an intentional bomb with your "four more to go.." comment and now you're crying foul because you got ripped for it. At least be honest about what you were trying to do. You knew you would stir the pot, you got what you wanted, and now you're crying foul. Grow up.

You didn't critique, disagree, or discuss. You threw an intentional bomb with your "four more to go.." comment and now you're crying foul because you got ripped for it. At least be honest about what you were trying to do. You knew you would stir the pot, you got what you wanted, and now you're crying foul. Grow up.

Fair enough......

Why? What were all the press conferences during the Iraq war all about from Generals?

Yes, some were... some weren't.
What would deter you more? Saying we have a plan to deal with hijacked aircraft in a press conference or saying we have a plan using a loaded out F-15 as a visual aid?

Yes, some were... some weren't.
What would deter you more? Saying we have a plan to deal with hijacked aircraft in a press conference or saying we have a plan using a loaded out F-15 as a visual aid?

Are you saying the press was working with the DOD to "get the word out"

By your logic... animation of "a shoot down" would be an effective visual aid.... which I think is disgusting...

Latest resources

Back