• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Conscientious Objector

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just curious... do you talk to people in Q and A format?

Q: Why is North Korea pissed at us?
A: Because we had a Nuclear Non-Proliferation Agreement with them (signed I believe by B. Clinton) and they didn't keep their end of the bargin.

And why did they not keep thier bargain.

Q: Iran is pissed why?
A: Because it's in the best interest of the radical leadership to have it that way.

And why is that?

When a person or people want something from you, and they are of fairly good morale character they will ask for things, and you will in turn negotiate in good faith. What type of person threatens with NUCLEAR weapons? Hmmh...

Define fairly good moral character...

Is it one or the other? Can there be a third choice?

Yes, there can. No one would die. Lets all lay down our weapons and do a group hug.

Why does he have to say it on national news? What is he trying to gain by doing so?

What do you want him to say, a LIE? Do you want him to say "No, we won't shoot anyone down, we are just doing this to put off the bad guys". OR, do you want him to tell the truth which is what our nation expects or demands?..

You have no idea what I done or haven't. But it is irrelevant. The issue is why does a pilot on national TV have to say he'd shoot down a US airliner. This is the question and debate. Not military service...

Why are you so offended?

I'm not offended, I'm just concerned that someone can have such a misconstrued perception of reality.

No, the joke goes... enough about flying lets talk about me...

Human nature, a person does something they are extremely proud of, of course they want to talk about it.

Again. I agree with all of this.. Good stuff. The question... why does a guy have to get on national news and say he'd shoot down a civilian airliner..

This is a bit simple don't you think?

Of course it is, that's the secret of it.

ok.

Can you provide examples?

But yet you are spending allot of time replying...

Not anymore. I'm done. How does the saying go, you can spend all night listening to the dogs bark all the while going deaf and learning nothing.

So I don't see things your way and agree with you then I must apologize. I thought you defend free of speech and democracy...

You aren't disagreeing, you are trying to rouse the ire of good people. I have, am, and will in the future protect our rights. I gave an oath to do so, which I still take very seriously regardless of what I think of the person or persons in the hot seat at 1600 Penn Ave.

Are people who choose not to fight in the MIL less than people who do?

Not sure who is fighting that's not in the military.

What does that mean?

You obviously didn't see / hear Vick's statement on the boob tube or you would understand.

No, I don't talk in Q: & A: format, but I do type that way so it's clear what my point is.

You are on here just trying to start another flame.

You are right, I'm waisting my time. Let this stand as warning to others, it really is a waste of time to answer Rez.

I'm done with you.

You are right, I'm waisting my time. Let this stand as warning to others, it really is a waste of time to answer Rez.

I'm done with you.

Me too.

Insanity = Spending countless hours of life on flightinfo.com debating people who will never get it.

Rez,

I honestly don't know if you are antagonistic, arrogant, or ignorant.

Previous Quote:
Q: When a fighter pilot is sitting Homeland Defense Alert in the post 911 world and he is asked if he will obey orders and shoot down an airliner what the f--k do you expect him to say?
A: No, I'm a conscientious objector and I really appreciate Uncle Sammy letting me fly this here little fighter jet but now that I'm expected to perform I can't do it? Oh by the way which airlines are hiring?

Rez writes:
"Why does he have to say it on national news? What is he trying to gain by doing so?"

Maybe because:
1. there are still people probing the security system.
2. the people that make the shoot/don't shoot decisions want the bad people to know they will no longer take thousands with them.

Previous Quote:
Rez,
Let me ask this in a much simpler format.
Q: Would you rather your kid be dead or someone elses?
A: It's obvious.

Rez writes: "Is it one or the other? Can there be a third choice?"

Seriously... IT'S COMBAT! There is an inevitable time where it becomes "him or me". Are you really this uninformed?!!! Think the Roman Coliseum. Both folks know when they walk on the field what the consequences are. Too Bad, so sad. I am glad I showed up to the fight with a modern day helicopter and I learned how to shoot it very well. I am still breathing and the infantry I protected are too. The stupid fU(ks that showed up unprepared were VERY bad people and deserved their trip to room temperature. But you don't want to know that because it would conflict with your prejudged ideas that are more comfortable. I guess I could have chosen your easy and mentally comfortable stance but I wanted to look my future kids in the eye and not tell them that I was shoveling sh!t in states when evil reared its head again.

The funny thing is that we put more emphasis on the quality of life (LIBERTY) than you - we stood up and shouldered the defense of it while you chose to serve your own interests. The sad thing is that our country has no mechanism for making you put up your fair share. Maybe you could help out by folding towels at the local military gym.

post_new.gif
Today, 01:01 Remove user from ignore list
Rez O. Lewshun This message is hidden because Rez O. Lewshun is on your ignore list.

You obviously didn't see / hear Vick's statement on the boob tube or you would understand.

No, I don't talk in Q: & A: format, but I do type that way so it's clear what my point is.

You are on here just trying to start another flame.

I'm done with you.

If you don't know why N Korea is doing what they are doing....same with Iran.... I am not justifying what they are doing... I am just saying for one to say that they need to be militarily wiped out is a bit irresponsible...

Vick? Seen headlines on the paper but I just don't find it worth my time...

I honestly don't know if you are antagonistic, arrogant, or ignorant.

So if I view an issue differently I am antagonistic, arrogant or ignorant. Do you come on to FI to be validated?

Previous Quote:
Q: When a fighter pilot is sitting Homeland Defense Alert in the post 911 world and he is asked if he will obey orders and shoot down an airliner what the f--k do you expect him to say?
A: No, I'm a conscientious objector and I really appreciate Uncle Sammy letting me fly this here little fighter jet but now that I'm expected to perform I can't do it? Oh by the way which airlines are hiring?

Rez writes:
"Why does he have to say it on national news? What is he trying to gain by doing so?"

Maybe because:
1. there are still people probing the security system.
2. the people that make the shoot/don't shoot decisions want the bad people to know they will no longer take thousands with them.

Then save it for the PR trained 0-5 and above. Why does a JO have to say that....

Previous Quote:
Rez,
Let me ask this in a much simpler format.
Q: Would you rather your kid be dead or someone elses?
A: It's obvious.

Rez writes: "Is it one or the other? Can there be a third choice?"

Seriously... IT'S COMBAT! There is an inevitable time where it becomes "him or me".

Between a baby and adult? Babies are trying to kill us?

Are you really this uninformed?!!! Think the Roman Coliseum. Both folks know when they walk on the field what the consequences are. Too Bad, so sad. I am glad I showed up to the fight with a modern day helicopter and I learned how to shoot it very well. I am still breathing and the infantry I protected are too. The stupid fU(ks that showed up unprepared were VERY bad people and deserved their trip to room temperature. But you don't want to know that because it would conflict with your prejudged ideas that are more comfortable. I guess I could have chosen your easy and mentally comfortable stance but I wanted to look my future kids in the eye and not tell them that I was shoveling sh!t in states when evil reared its head again.

Maybe I am misinformed... or maybe I view things differently. Does that make me a bad American? Should I move to France cause I don't think like you?

The funny thing is that we put more emphasis on the quality of life (LIBERTY) than you - we stood up and shouldered the defense of it while you chose to serve your own interests.

You have no idea what me or my family have given to this country...

The sad thing is that our country has no mechanism for making you put up your fair share.

Are you suggesting compulsulry (sp) military service?

Maybe you could help out by folding towels at the local military gym.

A personal shot?

I only read part of the last 24 hours of this thread, and it's sucked the life out of me.
No wonder I'm avoiding FI.com more and more.

I only read part of the last 24 hours of this thread, and it's sucked the life out of me.
No wonder I'm avoiding FI.com more and more.

As it should......killing human beings ins't like trying to decide if one should get the two item or three item combo at the chinese food court.....

As much as we want to make easy it is not....

Take for example a thread a few months (year) ago... An Ex Marine killed a person who was trying to rob him. Most posters cheered him on with bravado, a job well done and to hell with the dead....

While I supported the Marine and his actions I didn't support the celebration of death. And neither did the Marine. A follow up news report on the Marine said he was very distruaght about having to take a life, even under his circumstances....

So its easy in our SUV, Starbucks, Flat Screen, High Speed culture to call for death, celebrate death and high five each other on message boards that it "was a good kill" in reality I think we should just keep quiet and understand the complexity of the issue...

Is everyone that joins the US Armed Forces going to be an efficient killing machine? Is it realistic that a small percentage over time will decide to opt out? And if so, why are so many offended? What is the threat?

Fact is with 100,000 airline pilots in this country a small percentage are going to gay, alcoholics or whatever.... so whats the point?

If the percentage grows, then perhaps a concern?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back