• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Conquest,Caravan,PC-12,King Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Caravan would be the cheapest to operate and maintain. very easy to work on, but it's slow you would get board with it fast. The conquest is built cheap. I have no experiance or opinion of a PC-12
The King Air is the best ride by far!, The C-90 has a nice roll rate, and has a sporty feel to it, Raytheon has pretty good product support.
Happy Hunting!

Get the newest B200 you can afford. It is perfect for the mission you described. Lots of room for comfort. It is basically a twin PC-12.

propsarebest said:
TPE-331'S ARE CRAP!

I DISAGREE!

And they are the coolest sounding and loudest engine out there; which is very important as a TP Pilot. Actually I would trade in a TPE for a TFE.

Pt P

yea, im with rick on this one. but only if youre gonna be seriously taking 8 pax. it sounds like the PC12 could handle 8, but the three in the back might not appreciate it much. a king air 200 can handle 8 with ease...and beg ya for more ;)

Last edited:
First, if you will ever need to carry 8 pax, you need to kick out the C90 - it will hold 7 max, and then it needs to be a 1 hour or less trip.

Questions to ask the boss are how much comfort is required, and how long do they want the trip to take.

Sounds like most of your trips are 200-300 miles. In the van you are in the low low teens bouncin' around in the summer, unless they want to wear O2. In the others you are looking at 180 to 220 on the 200 milers. Much more comfy. Boss won't spill his drink.

Flight time on a van verses the others, well, the 200 mile trip will take about 20 - 30 minutes longer each way in the van. A 300 mile trip will take 45 mins longer each leg. If you fly 15 days a month, the boss will save 15 hours or more of flight time each month in the other planes you mentioned. That's 180 hours a year, or 4 and a half work weeks he won't be riding in a plane. (or paying for) Whats his time worth.

The Conquest is no longer in production and some parts can be a bear to get. The cabin is not near what the PC12 or a King Air is. If he is over 5'9 he'll feel like the ceiling is touching his head.
Like I said the 90 can't hold 8. If you decide that 8 pax isn't a must have a C90B is a good choice. For 2 mil, a nice 89 - 91 B200 can be bought. In my opinion this is the best play. If he doesn't mind a single engine the PC12 is a great aircraft. I just can't see the Caravan as the most comfortable ride.

If you need some #'s on a C90 let me know. We fly ours on short hops 90% of the time. We will be selling it within 30 days and moving to a 200.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I am biased but I like the merlins. I have a little time in a 3B and it is really flexible. I carries a ton of fuel and can take eight pax no problem. Oh did I mention it goes like a bat out of hades.

Turbo commander with -10 conversion, faaaaaast and flys MUCH better/easier than the MU2. Although the 8 peeps is out. So if the 8 people are a must, the Merlin. Much less than a King Air 200 and FASTER!-kingaira90

Merlin burns less fuel too. Also looks really cool. You can pick one up for under a million with fresh engines and new leather. The usual useful load for a 3B is a little over four thousand pounds which allows 8 pax and about three hrs fuel. With light pax load you can go about two thousand miles as fuel capacity is about 650 gals. Many of the merlins have also had the dash 10 conversion so they are very fast. I think its one of the best aircraft i've ever seen for a corporate mission with props. The one I flew was very quiet and comfortable we had seven pax for a flight to the bahamas and no one was crammed in like they would be in a 441. The king airs are very good acft but they just can't match the performance.

Yellow Snow said:
Many of the merlins have also had the dash 10 conversion so they are very fast. I think its one of the best aircraft i've ever seen for a corporate mission with props.

I forgot about the -10 on the Merlins too. Get that. Cheaper than any PC-12 and it has 2 engines. You could buy more engines and LOTS of Maint and fuel with the million you save!-kingaira90

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back