Conquest,Caravan,PC-12,King Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Grumman guy said:
I need some help. I have been tasked with choosing the new company A/C and would like some input from the sterling steely eyed aviators that frequent this board.

I have around 2 mil to play with. Heres the job

4-8 people (usually 4)

Usual flights are SF Bay area Sac valley down to so-cal. Every now and again a trip to bakersfield muni, delano, shafter.

We have it narrowed down to King Air 90, PC-12, Grand Caravan, or ConquestII.

The boss wants a Caravan, With all the research I have done so far my vote is for the Conquest II. I am normally a Beachcraft Guy but the Conquest beats up the c90 in every category except looks.

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated

VERY LIGHT JET

AeroDMB said:
VERY LIGHT JET

So he can wait at least a year and have enough useful load to carry full fuel 1 passenger and a pack of crackers?-kingaira90

Joking

TPE-331'S ARE CRAP!?????????????

other then being noisy id take a tpe over a pt6 but that is just me.

In and out of the bay area down and the routes you will be flying id go with the Pc12. Operating costs would be cheap. The caravan although a cool airplane just doesn't have any speed even though the majority of your trips are short haul. C90's suck. Im sorry, I flew em, I hate em and thats all I will say about them. The KA line is great but the C90 is nothing but a big baron that can do 235kts at Fl220 on a good day.

Go PC12

Please find a VLJ that will seat eight has a little range and costs less than two mil and let me know who makes it I want to invest

Yeah the other guy that said C90's suck, I think he is right..... at least for your passenger load profile. They are much too small for 8 passengers (or even 6 really) and they are slow. I'd get an E90 or an F90 for their speed, before I'd get any C90; but the F90 and E90 still have the too small cabins.

You really need either a King Air B200 or a PC-12.

Grumman Guy: When you finally decide, how bout letting us know what your decision was, and why? I'd be curious to hear where all the input finally led you to in the decision process.

Thanks again for all the very usefull info.

At this time we are heavily leaning towards a PC-12. Probably going to spend a little more money than origionally intended but hey thats aviation.

So far the operating costs are the big determining factor.

I am still pushing for the Conquest I or II, reasonable initial purchase price, two engines, very fast, FL 300, . The only problem is the boss doesnt want any airplane older than a '98. He thinks an 85' Conquest is an old airplane, but hey its his money.

Thanks again for the help

I don't think you can buy a PC12 for 2mil. Even used. Maybe. If you're flying your boss and especially his family, I would be concerned about losing an engine, really especially if you ever had to fly at night. If you're boss is comfortable with a single, as long as you can afford it, don't even think about it just buy the PC12! Otherwise, definitely the Merlin or B200.

Speaking from experience, the PC-12 is the airplane you need. Our typical trips are 300-600 miles with 4-6 pax. Even the 9 pax with coolers full of fish out of a 3000' strip is a piece of cake!!Operating cost is unbelievably low, if you buy new( 3.5 mil, well equipped) everything for the first 3 years is covered under warranty. We have not had any major problems to speak of, but even the small things are immediatley turned over to warranty!

Yellow Snow said:
Please find a VLJ that will seat eight has a little range and costs less than two mil and let me know who makes it I want to invest

The Spirit Lear is close to that number.

I owned a Conquest II but recently sold it in a merger. Great plane, the comments in this thread are pretty spot on. I would consider a Merlin as the Cessna was a little crowded in the back with more than five (or so they say, I never spent much time in the back, and never when it was packed in). Very nice to fly, I don't have any time in a Merlin so I can't comment on that one. I would stay away from the MU-2 and wouldn't hesitate to pick the Conquest over it again if I had the need. A Turbo Commander would be nice if you can live with the limited seating, I almost purchased one before finding a hell of a deal on the Cessna, otherwise I would have.

The -10 conversion makes a ton of difference in both planes.

Swass said:
The Spirit Lear is close to that number.

Yea but 8 in a lear 25 is a joke for any length of time. Even with 7 you put someone side saddle on the potty/jump seat ugh. Seen it done, but not with me in back! Oh and each person gets a gym bag for luggage.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back