Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Grumman guy

Type and Altitude unknown
I need some help. I have been tasked with choosing the new company A/C and would like some input from the sterling steely eyed aviators that frequent this board.

I have around 2 mil to play with. Heres the job

4-8 people (usually 4)

Usual flights are SF Bay area Sac valley down to so-cal. Every now and again a trip to bakersfield muni, delano, shafter.

We have it narrowed down to King Air 90, PC-12, Grand Caravan, or ConquestII.

The boss wants a Caravan, With all the research I have done so far my vote is for the Conquest II. I am normally a Beachcraft Guy but the Conquest beats up the c90 in every category except looks.

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated

I'm Biased:

I would get a PC-12. I get to fly one almost every day. Quiet, comfortable, and amazing resale value (it keeps going up). The van is a bit too loud for me and there is no way to get over the weather, without sucking on O2, that is.

PC-12:

Economical, PAX Capacity, Range, Modern, Quiet - roomy- comfortable, excellent resale value.

Having flown the conquest and a variety of BExxx's
If he (or you) want two engines get the King Air. An F-90 can be had for less then 2 mil and a good C-90 as well. The F model is a stellar performer. There is also a conversion to put -135 engines on the C-90 to make it perform better. http://blackhawkmods.aero/
The King Air has a larger cabin and can carry more weight with full fuel. Eight pax in a conquest is not good.

Personally I didn't like the conquest. It just seemed to be kind of cheaply built. Plus maintainence and school for the conquest is not as readily availably as it is for Beech.

If you are going to carry eight pax get a B200

Best of success in your search

I know this has been heavily debated before but I just really dont feel comfortable flying over the sierras at night in a single engine anything with this guys family in the back sleeping. He is all fired over caravans and PC-12'S because they are so much cheeper to operate and the PT-6 is soooo reliable. My retort is that you cannot put a price on the safety of a twin, especially with family on board, turbines can and will eventually someday quit.

And I need multi turbine time!!

Well they do say the PT-6 is reliable.

I had one fail in IMC / Icing.

I was happy to be in a King Air at the time.

The C-90 with 8 pax? The Caravan is probably better suited for other missions. It's slow, not pressurized, and not as quiet. The Conquest II is a great aircraft with a 2,000 mile range, but out of production. The 331's are good engines, but are not offered on any current production aircraft.
Of the four I think you,and the owner-passengers, will be happy with the PC-12.
If I were you I would also look at a B-200 with EFIS 85 and Universal FMS.
Good Luck,
HEADWIND

if hes bound and determined on a single, Pilatus is the way to go. The van is a great airgcraft, but most pax are not willing to crawl around slower, lower, and without O2.

if you convice him to get multi, King Air is the only way to go on that road. im with capthuff on the overall lack of appeal on a conquest, mix in customer support, parts availability, and hey...its a king air ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back