ConocoPhillips

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G4G5 said:
I just went through Falcon 50ex initial with a couple of their new hires back in Oct.. One guy had a corporate background. The other guy came from Skywest but also had corporate experience in a previous life. It sounded like that had done all their hiring for a while but I could be wrong.
I went through 50EX training with their CP. He was a really good guy. It sounds like they have a fine operation.

Good company?

Do we think a good company is one that has a 18 hour duty day and doesn't swap seats? Oh and they also do a 24 hour standby duty and don't pay squat. 70k as a G4 FO

deleted for lack of enthusiam

Last edited:
m3pilot--Did they deceive you when you got hired? If they did, it needs to come out.

As for the duty days, we've all done that kind of time. If any of us want hard duty limits, you got to go Pt. 121.

Sounds like $70k for a SIC is pretty standard in the middle of the country. My sim partner's company paid $90k to start in the GIV but he's in PHL.

Glad you moved up to a better situation.TC

no they didn't deceive me. I just feel that the pay along with other things weren't where they should be. I know that two years ago several companies on the east were paying in the 80's to start.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

18 hour duty day. Our standard is 14, but it can be extended to 18 with 4 hours of rest in a hotel. It doesn't happen very often, but it isn't that bad. I felt better after that trip than I ever felt after an airline CDO trip.

m3pilot1 said:
no they didn't deceive me. I just feel that the pay along with other things weren't where they should be. I know that two years ago several companies on the east were paying in the 80's to start.

Next time you want to flame a flight department, you might want to have some facts right or you will look silly - your words there.

It's not an 18 hour day as you should know from the FOM.

Pay is certainly industry standard or better - obviously there are always departments and different regions of the country that have different and higher pay scales.

The 24 hour stand by - there is almost NEVER a pop up trip, but everything scheduled at least 14 days in advance. And you really only sit stand by a few days a month, not such a terrible hardship.

I am certainly glad you left since you were so unhappy. Best of luck to you in the future, "captain."

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back