Congress adds VIP jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CWGrizwald

So I spent 20 years in the AF and admit I know nothing about acquisition, so riddle me this batman; How is it that congress adds 132 million for two more C-37s (G550) and 200 million for two more C-40s (BBJ) under the excuse that they are just speeding up the process to get what they were eventually going to get anyway. Now, if I go to Controller Aircraft, to buy a G550 tomorrow, the most expensive one on their list is 44.25 mil which if you buy two, would be 88,500,00.00 leaving 43 million left over to repaint them and add Have Quick II; and, I can get the most expensive BBJ for just under 60 million, which times 2 is 120, leaving 80 million for paint and to replace the red shag carpet. Also, since congress is also saying they are modernizing the fleet, do they qualify for the $4500 cash for clunkers?

I would think that a maintenace contract is included along with some spares maybe..

I guess "green" is for the "little people" and not Nancy Pelosi and her demands for USAF VIP jets.

When she first became speaker of the house, the USAF offered her a C-37. She declined, saying a C-32 would much better fit her...

Though I agree with the sentiment here, it must be noted that on this score the republicans have an equal amount of blood on their hands.

John McCain and Jeff Flake excepted.

Though I agree with the sentiment here, it must be noted that on this score the republicans have an equal amount of blood on their hands.

John McCain and Jeff Flake excepted.

Yep Republicans too. She just raises it to a new level of hypocrisy at the Washington feeding trough.

Latest resources

Back