• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Congress adds VIP jets

CWGrizwald

Total Time
6200+
So I spent 20 years in the AF and admit I know nothing about acquisition, so riddle me this batman; How is it that congress adds 132 million for two more C-37s (G550) and 200 million for two more C-40s (BBJ) under the excuse that they are just speeding up the process to get what they were eventually going to get anyway. Now, if I go to Controller Aircraft, to buy a G550 tomorrow, the most expensive one on their list is 44.25 mil which if you buy two, would be 88,500,00.00 leaving 43 million left over to repaint them and add Have Quick II; and, I can get the most expensive BBJ for just under 60 million, which times 2 is 120, leaving 80 million for paint and to replace the red shag carpet. Also, since congress is also saying they are modernizing the fleet, do they qualify for the $4500 cash for clunkers?

AvroGuy

Total Time
>3000
I would think that a maintenace contract is included along with some spares maybe..

Draginass

Total Time
5000+
I guess "green" is for the "little people" and not Nancy Pelosi and her demands for USAF VIP jets.

propsarebest

Total Time
When she first became speaker of the house, the USAF offered her a C-37. She declined, saying a C-32 would much better fit her...

ableone

Total Time
Though I agree with the sentiment here, it must be noted that on this score the republicans have an equal amount of blood on their hands.

John McCain and Jeff Flake excepted.

Draginass

Total Time
5000+
Though I agree with the sentiment here, it must be noted that on this score the republicans have an equal amount of blood on their hands.

John McCain and Jeff Flake excepted.

Yep Republicans too. She just raises it to a new level of hypocrisy at the Washington feeding trough.

4 Fan Trashcan

Total Time
Lots
The G550 that the AF buy's has a comm suite that's worth a bundle...that's what jacks up the price.