Congrats US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kngarthur

The new US/HP is going to be a monster LCC. If I were a JB pilot I'd be scared! If you jumped ship to goto JB--I would be embarrased. But really, the guys that stuck in there should be proud!

I'm also glad the line has been drawn! Because I think some regional pilot's were starting to get greedy (including myself). 190's belong at mainline--period!!! 170's? Kindof a grey area, but probably regional, in the current economic conditions.

Hopefully the Hurricane season of the airline industry is almost done and there are sunny skies ahead!

avrodriver said:
I agree with this part of your post...I don't know about all the JB talk, but that's for another thread. Hopefully the trend has been set with JetBlue as well as US Airways treating this as a mainline aircraft. All we needed was ONE regional to start taking delievery of these planes and things might have started to unravel. Not saying we are out of the woods yet, but it's a huge start. Hopefully NW and Delta can follow suit.

Piker

Ok Ok! Jb has started the trend. Doesn't Mesa fly 90 seaters? I take the JetBlue stuff back.

Yeah...what AvroDriver said...nice not logging out...you owe me.....

........anyway like I said above "these airplanes". I made no mention of 90 seaters. Like you pointed out the CRJ900 is a lost battle ( so is the 146,CRJ700, EMB170,CRJ-200, EMB145) Mesa already operates them and I expect even with this latest agreement on the 190, we will see PSA, Air Wiskey, or Mesa get more of the CRJ-900. US Airways put out two seperate requests.....a bid for X amount of 190's and a bid out for Y amount of 900's. Does it make it right??? No. Is there a difference between the CRJ and EMB......I'm not even going to go there.

Piker

Last edited:
FlyinPiker said:
Yeah...what AvroDriver said...nice not logging out...you owe me.....

........anyway like I said above "these airplanes". I made no mention of 90 seaters. Like you pointed out the CRJ900 is a lost battle ( so is the 146,CRJ700, EMB170,CRJ-200, EMB145) Mesa already operates them and I expect even with this latest agreement on the 190, we will see PSA, Air Wiskey, or Mesa get more of the CRJ-900. US Airways put out two seperate requests.....a bid for X amount of 190's and a bid out for Y amount of 900's. Does it make it right??? No. Is there a difference between the CRJ and EMB......I'm not even going to go there.

Piker

Do you not think that America West (New UsAir) will be able to take over the 90 seat flying? I know they're attempting to do so now. Which I think they rightfully should. Will they win the fight?

BlackPilot628 said:
Will they win the fight?

I'm not sure if your caught up on things, but it looks like they are making pretty good progress.

http://www.donlinrecano.net/dr201/mwc/04-13819/dk003193-0005.pdf

It isn't about 90 seat flying. It's about the EMB-190 and the CRJ-900....they want the EMB-190. I think they realize since they already gave away the CRJ-900 it's a little late to go after those.

Air Canada gave JAZZ the CR9s, and mainline the E175s and E190s. I like the embraer product better anyway.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So you can have one type of 90 seater but not the other? Yes to Canada but no the E-Jet?

jobear said:
So you can have one type of 90 seater but not the other? Yes to Canada but no the E-Jet?

Yeah. That makes no since.

Jazz flys the CRJ-705 not the 900's. Same thing just with Less seats.

Latest resources

Back