Confess: Who leaked on this poor woman?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All jokes aside...

I was talking to my father about this story, and he believes this woman did indeed have Jet A dumped on her. He pointed out that the vent boxes on the MD-80 will hold a surprising amount fuel, and can spill during that first turn after takeoff. And this woman lives pretty close to TPA.

I dismissed her as a wacko, but maybe it's all true. If it is, I'll bet the FAA will play dumb about it until she hires some attorney who finds out about fuel venting. That should be interesting... :rolleyes:

the vent boxes on the MD-80 will hold a surprising amount fuel, and can spill during that first turn after takeoff

Does AA fly into TPA?. Super80 will probably claim he was just Baptizing her. :D

Minh the Demon

There's an easy way to dump fuel in the Beech 1900.. Not the fuel caps.. not the fuel vent....and not very safe at times.. but it can be done.

Usually it's done by accident.

Anyone know how?

Just keep transferring into a wing with a full main + aux? Yet strangely, the time I did it the aux was nearly empty, and all the training material I've ever seen says you can't dump fuel if there is any room at all in the aux because of an ability to "spillover" the ribs that divide the tanks.

chperplt said:
There's an easy way to dump fuel in the Beech 1900.. Not the fuel caps.. not the fuel vent....and not very safe at times.. but it can be done.

Usually it's done by accident.

Anyone know how?

Why dump fuel when lying about it is so easy?

Just keep transferring into a wing with a full main + aux? Yet strangely, the time I did it the aux was nearly empty, and all the training material I've ever seen says you can't dump fuel if there is any room at all in the aux because of an ability to "spillover" the ribs that divide the tanks.

Just dump into a full main tank.. It leaks out the overflow pretty quickly. Aux tank doesn't matter.

Can't tell you the times I've dumped fuel and caused a "slight" imbalance..

Someone sue her for stealing our jet fuel. That stuff is not cheap and she had no right to enjoy it without going through proper channels if not at least paying for it.

Even though the lady had some serious bad luck, noone is going to own up to the mess. The problem is that it would be difficult, but not impossible to determine what airplane lost the fuel. She would have to know the exact time the airplane went over-head, and ATC would have to review the tapes to see who was where at that exact time.

Any attorney who takes this case better move quick and be prepared to fight the FAA to get the tapes. Without it, it is impossible to say for certain who lost the fuel.

Possible other explaination to ponder...we all know how observant and knowledgeable the public is about aviation and identifying types of airplanes...

Is it possible it was not a jet, but another aircraft, possible turbine spraying for bugs...I live in Fl As well, we have them flying below 300' all the time in different planes and helo's especially after a few wet days of rain.....they try to get ahead of the outbreaks..

I also understand that the agents can be closely mistaken for fuels but are in fact pesticides.....they are oily, kerosine like and stink like petro...

Of course with MacDill AFB only 12 miles further south of TPA maybe it was some super secret aircraft flyby...

Anyway, just an idea...

Latest resources

Back