Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

suupah

thought this warranted a fresh thread.

Would proposed concessions agreed to by our leadership released to the pilot group for voting?

I get the feeling that Menke is having to do a major overhaul that was never done when Trenary, Shockey, Buddy Casey & Co. were at the helm (I thought their departures were a little suspicious). When I say 'overhaul' I'm referring to changes in mgmt structures and actually running an EFFICIENT AIRLINE. I'd love to say our airline has done its best historically in terms of efficiency, but it has not.

Issues I see often:
1.) WEAK preventative MX programs (resulting in long, unnecessary delays; sometimes leading to cancellations)
2.) A training department that is always in tail-chasing mode, cleaning up messes they created due to lack of planning. It's really unbelievable.
3.) Tightly run SOC that is deft, sharp, and with it- and communicates clearly within itself and with crew members to move things along in a timely manner.

I wish there wasn't the slack, under-utilization, wasteful habits I see present nearly everyday. If these issues weren't present, it would be easier to hear about the "headwinds, cutbacks, freezes, etc." that we'll be facing. I've realized in the past week that it's a TOUGH industry right now, no matter where you work. American is BK, Gary Kelly discussing SWA may need concessions in near future, our impending cutbacks at Pinnacolaba, etc.

Last edited:
The MEC is currently under a non-discloure agreement and cannot release the information to anyone. That said, they have admitted privately that they do not, as of yet, have the full picture of what the company wants from the pilot group. So, they don't know themselves but wouldn't be allowed to tell you at this point anyhow.

I can tell you that they are NOT happy about what they have learned so far, but that has not been shared with me.

I will share from another source (not the MEC) that airplanes (200s) are being parked. I have heard three different numbers, none of which I particularly give weight to over the others.

Good luck to all.

Queue Genital Lee/OYS to make fun of Pinnacle's misfortune in 3....2.....1....

Here is the deal, you heard it hear first. We are going to get in some combination......36-41 CRJ 900's (maybe 700's), the first 15 crj 200's with a possibility of 25 more, huge cash amounts put into our 401k accounts, and the last order of Avros. If you have not figured it out, all these things came after secret negotiations or a bankruptcy. Oh yes......I forgot furloughs-but since we are in a pilot shortage that will be canceled.

Oh by the way, everyone tell their union they can tell the company to go to st cloud flight department....oh wait its closed.....mankato......oops, closed, to a local FBO flight training department....again closed......to find pilots to take a cut in pay. Do they really think we should be taking a pay cut when they cannot get pilots to fill their classes?

I get the feeling that Menke is having to do a major overhaul that was never done when Trenary, Shockey, Buddy Casey & Co. were at the helm (I thought their departures were a little suspicious). When I say 'overhaul' I'm referring to changes in mgmt structures and actually running an EFFICIENT AIRLINE. I'd love to say our airline has done its best historically in terms of efficiency, but it has not.

Issues I see often:
1.) WEAK preventative MX programs (resulting in long, unnecessary delays; sometimes leading to cancellations)
2.) A training department that is always in tail-chasing mode, cleaning up messes they created due to lack of planning. It's really unbelievable.
3.) Tightly run SOC that is deft, sharp, and with it- and communicates clearly within itself and with crew members to move things along in a timely manner.

I wish there wasn't the slack, under-utilization, wasteful habits I see present nearly everyday. If these issues weren't present, it would be easier to hear about the "headwinds, cutbacks, freezes, etc." that we'll be facing. I've realized in the past week that it's a TOUGH industry right now, no matter where you work. American is BK, Gary Kelly discussing SWA may need concessions in near future, our impending cutbacks at Pinnacolaba, etc.

you are talking about millions right there. and this is exactly why i refuse (if given a chance to vote) to give up a dime of my salary until i see those things happen. a few bucks off my pay will not fix this cluster f.

Here is the deal, you heard it hear first. We are going to get in some combination......36-41 CRJ 900's (maybe 700's), the first 15 crj 200's with a possibility of 25 more, huge cash amounts put into our 401k accounts, and the last order of Avros. If you have not figured it out, all these things came after secret negotiations or a bankruptcy. Oh yes......I forgot furloughs-but since we are in a pilot shortage that will be canceled.

Oh by the way, everyone tell their union they can tell the company to go to st cloud flight department....oh wait its closed.....mankato......oops, closed, to a local FBO flight training department....again closed......to find pilots to take a cut in pay. Do they really think we should be taking a pay cut when they cannot get pilots to fill their classes?

Been on this busline before?

thought this warranted a fresh thread.

Would proposed concessions agreed to by our leadership released to the pilot group for voting?

Sounds like a bankruptcy filing is in the works? How will they will get concesions voluntarily?

Pinnacle Airlines Corp. to Take Steps to Improve Liquidity and Profitability

Memphis, Tenn. (Dec. 8, 2011) – Pinnacle Airlines Corp. (NASDAQ: PNCL) announced today that it has commenced a comprehensive program to reduce short- and long-term costs and enhance liquidity.

Planned initiatives include seeking modifications to the company’s agreements with its mainline airline partners, equipment lessors, debt holders, real property lessors and vendors. The company will also seek to work with its pilots and other employees (both union and non-union) to reduce labor costs. As part of its efforts, the company will examine and further rationalize its business lines, organizational structure and executive and director level functions.

Pinnacle Airlines Corp. has engaged the services of Seabury Group LLC’s consulting division, Barclays Capital, and the law firm of Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP to assist with these efforts.

“Pinnacle Airlines Corp. is facing a convergence of events that, if left unaddressed, will make 2012 an extremely challenging year,” said Sean Menke, the company’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “We have a great deal of hard work ahead of us, but these efforts are necessary to ensure we can operate as a profitable business for our shareholders, mainline flying partners, employees and other stakeholders.”

They wan't to bone the pilots by violating our JCBA, why not violate Trenary and Shockey's severance contract? They'd save millions right there!

Latest resources

Back