Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bell47

shoveling the dream!
My paper logs(3 books) are accurate but not very pretty. I thought about getting one of the computer log book programs to organize it all. If I start using the computer based logs,and if I go for an interveiw at an airline would I bring a print out or would I still need to bring log books(which look messy). I started out my aviation career as an agpilot where logs are not that important so I didn't take the best care of them.Also we used to log a whole season as block time in an ag time only log book( i.e. 1999 ag season, 534.7 hours Airtractor 401, N123AT, &^%$# flyingservice, &^%$# Mississippi, season consisted of spraying various pesticides, and fertilizers. All time is PIC, with approximatly 1200 landings.) Any suggestions?

When I started using Logbook Pro, I went back and entered every hour I had ever flown. I then purched one of their logbooks and paper, printed it all and took ONLY that to my last interview and they loved it. They commented on how neat and professional it looked.

So don't worry about it. I did cut out my endorsements for various items that I wanted to keep with my logbook.

I now print my updated pages about twice a year.

Hope that helps.

I went the exact same way as Oldmanpilot. The only thing that will hang you is the endorsements. Just make sure you have some way of presenting the original endorsements and all will be good.

thanks guys. Would a photo copy of endorsements work? I thought I could copy all endorsements on one page that would be included with a printout of my time break down. Also, what about logbook audits at airlines? do you just give them a cd with your times saved on it or does a printout work for that also? Thanks again, bell47.

I did the same thing. They seemed to like it.

I would not rely on photocopies of signatures. I took my original book with signatures as well as the computer logbook printed and bound in leather. When I dropped them off at the interview, I explained that the computer prints were complete and accurate for times. If they needed to verify original signatures, that could be done with the paper logbooks.

Some people carve up the old logbooks and transfer the original endorsements into a plastic sheet holder to go with the computer prints. That works just as well also.

On a side note, the only time you'll ever have to produce a logbook for review at an airline is when you upgrade and add an ATP to your certificate. If you already have an ATP, an airline will never need to see your logbook. Other than that, interviews and FAA actions are about the only reason you will ever produce a logbook for review in your career.

I took my logbook pro report to Kinko's. They printed it on green paper and bound it with spiral binding and a cover. I took it to my interview on Friday at Republic, and they liked it. They didn't even look at my originals, although I did have them with me. Must have worked because I got hired.

Latest resources

Back