• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Competitive times for LCC/Major

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All of it is done through AirApps. Just apply and keep updating your times (once a month is fine). There is no rhyme or reason for who they select. It is all HR driven so some low time some mid time and high time guy/gals per class. Same with PT135 vs. PT121 and Military.

All that is guaranteed is that if you DONT apply you won't get called. With 15 years to go - Spirit AA DAL or UAL would all be good choices. Growth for advancement at Spirit and advancement due to MASSIVE retirements at the major airlines.

It took a serious leap of faith to change careers and go all in. I and many others respect that and hopefully it will open a couple doors for you.
Good Luck :)

All of it is done through AirApps. Just apply and keep updating your times (once a month is fine). There is no rhyme or reason for who they select. It is all HR driven so some low time some mid time and high time guy/gals per class. Same with PT135 vs. PT121 and Military.

All that is guaranteed is that if you DONT apply you won't get called. With 15 years to go - Spirit AA DAL or UAL would all be good choices. Growth for advancement at Spirit and advancement due to MASSIVE retirements at the major airlines.

It took a serious leap of faith to change careers and go all in. I and many others respect that and hopefully it will open a couple doors for you.
Good Luck :)

I really appreciate the response and information. I have applied to Atlas, Allegiant, Spirit, Virgin, Miami Air, and will complete the app for United tonight. Don't think Jet Blue window is open right now. Going to keep trying/updating and be positive !!! Thanks Again!!!

I agree.

I'm a former single pilot turboprop guy and there was always some sort of stink associated with that at hiring departments. Luckily, I got a shot and was able to prove that I wasn't some sort of miscreant or leper.

Glad you got a chance, I was at FSDO last month getting 25 hour restriction removed both inspectors got a funny look and said a Metro?
So seems everyone has a odd opinion on the Metro or people who fly it LOL

Yes but competitive numbers are more like 10k+ PIC time...considering the thousands of regional pilots looking to move out.

I disagree.

There are plenty mid-level regional guys moving on who have somewhere in the neighborhood of 5k-10k TT. I left my regional with 7500TT and a few thousand TPIC.

Then there are the other avenues, OBAP, Women in Aviation which will speed up the process as well. While everyone knows about these groups now they still appear to benefit those which they represent best.

Maybe I have a chance then LOL almost 50, flying was a second career for me. I know that have no chance for Delta etc based on my age, lack of time and no degree. I would have no problem staying at Spirit, Atlas or any LCC

There was a 50yo in my class at Spirit.

This will hurt you with the legacies.
for right now yea, in future maybe not so much. At the LLC's for a 50 year old with 10K+ hours it is not even a point being considered.

for right now yea, in future maybe not so much. At the LLC's for a 50 year old with 10K+ hours it is not even a point being considered.

If you could have been hired sooner, rather than later - it's a penalty. Spin again.

Latest resources

Back