• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Competitive times for LCC/Major

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mid 30's, Degree, couple thousand TPIC, no failures, good driving...Guess I wasn't marketable. :)

You sound very marketable. Maybe you should have aimed higher. Why pick the major with the lowest compensation? Are you still sending apps out like many JB pilot? will be years before a CBA.
Not trying to start an argument, just curious. Do you drive to work?

You sound very marketable. Maybe you should have aimed higher. Why pick the major with the lowest compensation? Are you still sending apps out like many JB pilot? will be years before a CBA.
Not trying to start an argument, just curious. Do you drive to work?
Yes, but he aimed higher and was not offered at job at a higher place. JB is not a bad place to hang out while looking for a better job. I am many friends that work there, they are not looking. Rememember it takes a flying job to get a flying job.

JB is not a bad place to hang out while looking for a better job. I am many friends that work there, they are not looking. Rememember it takes a flying job to get a flying job.
I agree it's not a bad place to hang while job-searching, as long as you can see through the cult-like trappings.
I DO work there and believe me, many are looking. 3 left last week: 2 new-hires and an '06 hire Capt. How many at the other majors have apps in at JB?
In the end, a positive thing. When the bean counters hit the mathematical point whereby increasing compensation to retain will be more profitable than hiring and training pilots who move on, things will improve. We are just beginning negociations, but many things can be made better in the interim.
The intangible losses of the revolving door can't be calculated but they are quite significant.
:beer:

You made to spirit congrats

I thought you were gunho emirates bound

I don't know about "Gung-ho", but I certainly considered EK and QR very seriously. Had I not been hired at Spirit, I would have continued to pursue those opportunities.

Latest resources

Back