Compass

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shmenter

Really impressed with Compass today. My crew and I were deadheading on their flight and the really crew went out of their way for us. We boarded toward the end of a full flight and the captain tracked down some crew tags for our luggage and put the rest in the cockpit. The flight attendants also made extra sure we were comfortable and offered snacks from the first class stash.

None of it was asked for, they just did it and genuinely cared. We are offline, and I look forward to opportunities to reciprocate to them and other companies crews as well.

It doesn't go unnoticed and I thank you.

The folks at Compass are definitely nice. I commute on them quite a bit and they always seem to go out of their way for other airlines' employees.

Chances are we used to work at your company. Compass is a refugee camp for airline pilots. Most of the group are on their second and many (myself included) are on their third...or more.

I don't think I worked your flight but your experience isn't uncommon. Those of us who don't commute did at some point of our career.

Northwest was really nice to commute on too. I suppose Delta is probably good too but I haven't commuted since the merger.

Hiring into a pool right now. Not sure but I think it's about 70-80 deep but I'm not entirely sure what the goal is. Most speculate that they are preparing for something in the coming year, but nothing is concrete. As with most aspects of the industry, wait and see......

Sounds like new hire classes starting up in December and potential upgrades in January. Not really sure what for though.

I'm in the pool there and haven't heard anything about classes starting yet...all I saw was a monthly update last month talking about a potential Jan class and I think that is just for some attrition. Hope your right though!

This is refreshing to hear. Perhaps the saddest part of this industry's downfall is airline people not looking out for our "family".

Info I got was...
Classes: 2 in December, 3 in January, 1 in February.
Not sure on the numbers in each class.

Latest resources

Back